Old November 30th 05, 04:29 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default mastitis w/o fever?

Amy wrote:
Melania wrote:

FWIW, GIS came up with a pic that looks a lot like what I have:
http://www.breastfeeding-basics.com/...fections.shtml

Oh no! You poor thing! Hang in there, I hope it gets better really
fast. Yikes.

FWIW, I don't know what you meant exactly by "magic bag," but you can
fill a tube sock up with rice (real rice, not Minute Rice, unless you
want a fire) and microwave it for a minute at a time until it reaches a
nice temperature if you want a quick, easy, cheap way to provide moist
heat. If you're feeling crafty, you could even sew a small pillow so
that you could have whatever size and shape would work best. I'm
guessing that your magic bag is something similar.

It's very similar. I was feeling too yucky to find a clean, hole-free
sock to fill with rice, though. The one I have was homemade by a friend
of my mom's, and while I believe it contains barley (or millet?), it's
on the same principle. It's actually several little compartments, so
that you can easily wrap it around without all the contents sliding to
one end.

Melania

Hope it helps!

Amy