Old September 30th 03, 03:01 PM
Vicki S

Default Harry was Interesting local article on baby names

"Taniwha grrrl" wrote:

Vicki S wrote:
On another note, I've always thought it hilarious that
Harry's aunt Petunia deems "Harry" a "common" name -
since Prince Harry is hardly a commoner.

His real name is Henry though I think, not Harry, Harry is
his nick name.

Actually, I just reread the whole (so far) series of 5 books, and at
least in the Americanized version, he is never called anything other
than "Harry", whereas Ron, for example, gets called "Ronald" at least
once (for the sorting hat, perhaps?).

If you are right though, then there have been more British kings named
"Henry" than "Harold", haven't there? So you're just proving my point
even better.

Or wait, did you mean Prince Charles' son is actually named "Henry"?
(Light goes on - silly me). Here, I looked it up: "Henry Charles Albert
David". Nonetheless, he goes by Harry (at least in public), so it isn't
a "common name", it's a Prince's nickname. Good enough proof for me.

--
-- Vicki
Married DH May 21, 1995