Old August 8th 08, 10:37 PM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

Default Is 1k a month support 2 kids too little for 51k salary?

You don't mention how much the mother earns. It makes a difference.

"jean paul sartre" wrote in message
Hi, I have a question... Does anybody have an idea about this?

I live/work in Washington DC- I have two toddlers with a woman in NY.
I earn (before taxes) 51k a year.

We don't have a formal arrangements with the courts for child support.
I send her 1k a month and I help out with medical expenses as they show
up.
Last year the amount I sent her averaged to about 1300 a month.

Is this too much? Too little ? What would the courts find- what is the
likelyhood they would order me to increase or decrease the amount??