Old August 13th 08, 02:17 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

Default Is 1k a month support 2 kids too little for 51k salary?

"jean paul sartre" wrote in message
On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 14:37:37 -0700, teachrmama wrote:

You don't mention how much the mother earns. It makes a difference.

"jean paul sartre" wrote in message
Hi, I have a question... Does anybody have an idea about this?

I live/work in Washington DC- I have two toddlers with a woman in NY. I
earn (before taxes) 51k a year.

We don't have a formal arrangements with the courts for child support.
I send her 1k a month and I help out with medical expenses as they show
up.
Last year the amount I sent her averaged to about 1300 a month.

Is this too much? Too little ? What would the courts find- what is the
likelyhood they would order me to increase or decrease the amount??

She earns very little. She works part time and moved in with her mother.

Ok. Look on alllaw.com, at the child support calculators. You will have to
use the state the child lives in. It will show approximately what you would
have to pay with a court order. I am not sure whether it includes child
care into the calculation.