Old July 21st 04, 08:37 PM
GwenO MS

Default kindergarten

my experiences: where we sent our kids (I'm a grandmother), the boys were
encouraged to start later, due to social maturity (and I think it paid off). My
kids and the older grandkids all went to the same private school in suburban
Philadelphia. As for the younger set of twins (3+ ID boys), they are in
Montessori school, will be going full-day, and the teachers suggested
separating them this Fall, which at first made my heart stop, but it makes
sense in terms of the fact that they are very independent, outgoing and the two
of them double-team everyone all over the place and if one is getting into
mischief, the other senses it (I've seen that) from across the room, and the
two of them can really 'go off' together. If separation doesn't work out, they
can be put back together. It seems to make some sense in their case -- I was
always for keeping twins together, but they might be able to 'grow' more as
individuals if they are not in the same classroom.
We shall see...
Grandmom Gwen