Old December 11th 06, 03:01 PM posted to alt.child-support,alt.support.divorce
ghostwriter

Default Name change because parent not visiting child

DB wrote:
"ghostwriter" wrote in

My postion and thinking on the subject are fairly common in this
country,

What about the global thinking on equal human rights for everyone, should a
man's existence be diminished because a political pressure group has come up
with a sympathetic slogan that allows politicians to do as they please?

When are we going to tell our political representatives that "in the best
interest of the children" is not an excuse for ignoring human rights or
denying freedoms that were hard fought for.

No Mr. Senator, you do not get of that easy to ignore equality & human
rights in the name of political agenda. Your job is to make sure the system
is helping everyone involved, the present system does not do this, FIX
IT!!!!!!!!!!!

I've said this several times and I'll give it one more try, your rights
exist in competition with the rights of all the people that you
interact with. The law and the courts tell us who's rights are given
precedience in any given situation, and they will continue to do so for
as long as the United States remains. The law and the courts decided a
long time ago that your child's rights trumped yours in the situation
of child-support. It was done with due process, as a result of a
consentual act. So dont give me a crap line of your rights have been
trambled, without accepting the fact you are advocating trampling your
kid's rights.

Statistically households run by single mothers are the most poor, the
most at risk. Society has a very large interest in seeing those kids
get every possible chance. Yes the system is too harsh, and yes a
third option is desperatly needed, but we cant afford the cost of
tossing the system without something to fall back on. And a pure
libertarian solution is a pipe dream.

Ghostwriter