Old November 20th 03, 05:23 PM
dragonlady

Default Children's weight issues for dieting Mum

In article ,
Ignoramus1904 wrote:

In article , Kate Rambo wrote:

My nearly 3 year old is also *very* tiny. He is all of 23 to 24
pounds fully dressed. He has gained weight since he was diagnosed
with his metabolic disorder, but not as much as they would have
liked to see. We talked to the dietician at Cincy Children's and
she recommended giving Lucas more fat in his diet. We cook a lot of
his food with butter -- his breakfast, on his veggies, etc. ( 4 tsp
of butter gives you an extra 200 calories) and we give him olives,
which he loves. 6 of those gives another 50 calories. The list we
were given also recommended putting chocolate chips on pancakes or
even as a snack. The trick as you've figured out is to make
everything more calorically dense.

What is the name of his disorder?

And how can I acquire it?

(No, that's a joke -- I have a great deal of sympathy for how hard it
must be to try to put weight ON, since I know how hard it is to keep it
OFF. From my point of view, it just sounds more enjoyable. One of my
brothers was a very skinny child, and I remember some of the things Mom
had to go through to try to keep his diet calorically dense.)

meh