Old December 2nd 03, 03:37 AM
~Leslie~

Default Define the "Terrible Twos" for me?

If they think 2 is bad wait till the child hits 3~! I think the 3's are
worse! I love the 2's!
JMHO
Leslie

--
http://www.leslieshomedaycare.providerpages.net
"Joanie" wrote in message
I am not recyling anything from books... it just so happened that I just
read something about terrible twos this week....

I have been in daycare for over 10 years I can tell you that the terrible
twos exists... are two year olds terrible? No they are not infact it is

my
absolute favorite age. There is nothing like a two year old who suddenly
starts explaining how things work to you. I love two year olds. Are some
tougher than others - Oh yes... some bite some scream, some like to smack.
And then there are the quiet sweet two's who go through life like they are
happy and floating on a cloud.

You are experiencing soemthing out of the norm. Enjoy it, most parents do
not have it so easy.

--
Joanie

"You're stronger than you seem, smarter than you think, and braver than

you
believe."
~Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh

"Ignoramus15011" wrote in message
Instead of theorizing and recycling information from books, I anted to
share my personal observations.

As far as I am concerned, (2.5 yo), I have not seen real problems such
as oppositional defiance (doing known bad things to annoy parents), or
tantrums designed to intimidate. A few times we had tantrums, etc,
which in his instance seemed like he just was having an emotional
breakdown and not as a tool to intimidate us to get what he wants.

As for not being able to express what he wants, I am sure it could be
real frustrating for some children, but my son is pretty good at
talking so that has not been an issue.

Perhaps a big component of terrible twos is not that the child is
terrible, but that the child is more difficult for parents as they
require more genuine attention and very close supervision and just
more thinking. Or, they condition the child to get stuff that he wants
by tantrums because they do not listen and fairly consider children's
requests, and give in to tantrums.