Old November 22nd 06, 11:01 AM posted to alt.child-support,alt.support.divorce
Moon Shyne

Default Name change because parent not visiting child

"Phil" wrote in message
k.net...

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"teachrmama" wrote in message

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Phil" wrote in message
.net...

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Phil" wrote in message
k.net...

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Dale" wrote in message

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in

We pay women to whelp children. The more children they have, the
more money
they get. The more men they have children with, the more they
make. The
poorest women have the largest safety net system to support their
single
motherhood.

It's turning out that way, a kid is a free ticket to 18 years of
tax free income!

And well more than 18 years of bills.

Such as?
What bills, other than minimal support of children and her own costs
is she forced to pay?

Please define this "minimal support of children" - cause all I know
is, I have 2 teenagers, and everything from food to educational
expenses, to clothing expenses to health and dental insurance to
medical and dental expenses has risen steadily between their infancy
and their current adolescence.

And it doesn't magically stop when they hit their 18th birthday.

Phil #3

Minimal support is that required by law, which if you've ever seen
situations that barely meet the situation, you'd agree are not
acceptable to many, if not most, parents.
It is the very basic food, shelter, clothing, etc.
You are only legally required to minimally support your children,
period.
That you choose to support them better is a choice.
If the support doesn't end with their attaining adulthood, it is BY
YOUR CHOICE.
Now what, beside minimal support is the CP *required* to supply?

Pretty much what *any* parent feels compelled to provide to their
children - a reasonable upbringing.

Yoiu and BOb seem to be on the same page - if that's how you've treated
your children, I feel sorry for them.

OK, you don't agree that minimal support is enough. But it is a
*choice* to provide more than that. You are only *legally required* to
provide the minimum. Your choice to provide more does not change the
legal requirement in any way.

Reality being what it is, there IS no "legal requirement" - certainly
none that I've seen spelled out in the divorce laws of my state, nor
spelled out in my divorce.

Perhaps you think that laws only come from divorce decrees?

When you are discussing the difference between what a divorced parent is
"legally required" to provide for their child, as opposed to what a married
parent is "legally required" to provide for their child, what would you
suggest as an appropriate area to look? Traffic laws?

On a more personal level, I'd be pretty worried about ANY parent who was
calculating how much support to provide to their children based on some
"legal minimum requirement"

That's what I'm trying to get you to see. The law states that CPs must
provide the basic legal minimum requirement. That's it!
Phil #3