Old November 30th 05, 04:26 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default mastitis w/o fever?

Anne Rogers wrote:
if nurse nurse nurse isn't working, go to see a doctor and let them decide,
I've had infections that have been severe enough to need IV antibiotics yet
not had a fever.

Anne

Oh, yuck. That sounds horrible.

Well, nurse nurse nurse seems to be doing the trick, and going to bed
early/getting up late (thanks, dh and ds#1!!) helped a lot too. Still
sore, but I feel less fluish. Baby is nursing well on the sore side -
he nursed so much last night he woke up in a puddle this morning - and
that's helping.

OTOH, ds#1 has a cough and has been off his game, ds#2 sounds hoarse,
dh called from work to say he thinks he might be getting sick, and I
have an earache this morning, so I'm thinking it really is a plugged
duct combined with a flu/cold sort of thing.

Guess we'll ride it out and eat lots of garlic!

Melania