Old July 8th 04, 04:37 PM
Donna Metler

Default Sad story

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 06:34:25 +0000, Plissken wrote:

Sadly the baby had major complications during delivery and passed away.

How
sad.

That's really sad. And unfortunately this type of stories will put home
births in a bad perspective. I wonder though, why none of the care
providers was able to change her mind. There is such good care available,
this didn't need to happen.

It happens in hospitals too-none of the women in my pregnancy/infant loss
group had a home birth. Now, in some cases, like mine, complications were
evident before delivery, and therefore a hospital birth was indicated (but
still couldn't save the baby)-in others, everything was completely fine to
outer appearance, but something happened during labor/delivery itself-with
no good reason why. Unless a woman has had previous pregnancy complications
or has pre-existing health issues, there's no reason to expect problems.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)