Old March 25th 04, 04:56 PM
Kari

Default Opinions on induction??

I was induced with my last because it had been over 12 hours since my water
had broken when I started running a moderate fever (101) They wanted to
speed things up since I had not made any progress. I had pitocin and lemme
tell ya, it was not pleasant. I birthed without an epidural for 3 hours
after having the IV placed with contractions on top of each other and only
to discover I hadn't dilated any more than I had to begin with. At that
point, I lost it and was almost in tears until I had the epidural. Even
after the epidural, I still had to breathe through the contractions so it
did not make it totally pain free (whereas the previous 2 times, it had)

I was not induced with my first 2 and I never once felt out of control or
that the pain was unbearable but I did this time around. It was no picnic
and I would not do it unless it was totally necessary.

Kari
mom to Kaylie (8) Noah (4) and Xander (5 mos)