Old June 29th 05, 06:51 PM
jojo

maybe plexiglas or screening instead of mesh?

"Dave {Reply Address in.sig}" wrote in message
In message , Stephanie wrote:

DH is building us a new deck out the back of our house. We live in a
raised ranch on a hill. So the deck is about 8' off the ground. To save
money, DH wants to use horizontal rails. What spacing would be safe to
ensure little toddleheads have no risk of getting through? While nothing
supplants supervision, I would rather be safe. *My* reaction to the
horizontal railing was that the spacing would be so small as to

eliminate
the cost benefit to going horizonatal, and would be terribly ugly. What

do
you all think?

How about vertical rails and then use wire mesh attached to the fence for

year or two to further discourage small people from squeezing through?
--
Dave
mail da (without the space)