Old July 25th 04, 07:33 AM
HOWA476

Default Boiling latex and silicone nipples

I did boil my daughters nipples and bottles for the first 3 months because if I
didn't she would get a bad case of thrush otherwise. after that I stopped and
haven't done it since. as for the latex vs silicone debate. we use both. and
I've never seen latex flake from boiling them but it does weaken them and I've
had to throw many away after seeing them rip in my hand during washing. as for
the silicone I've never had a problem with them. I only have 2 of those though
and don't use them very often because my dd doesn't like them they have became
stand by nipples.

Jennifer
Ariana 8/17/03