Old November 8th 06, 01:37 AM posted to alt.child-support,alt.support.divorce
Temily

Default Name change because parent not visiting child

wrote:
But I am concerned about this name thing affecting my child who feels strange because he has never met this person who shares his last name. It's just sad.

Seems to me that if you get the papers to change his name (the father
will need to sign) and the father objects then there'd be good reason
to open the case for him paying C-S. If he doesn't care about being his
father, perhaps he won't care that his son has his name changed by deed
poll.

I've had a few students in the past who have been known at school under
their preferred name, (ie their preferred name was on their books,
labelling etc) but use their legal name for legal things.

Temily