Old November 8th 06, 04:07 AM posted to alt.child-support,alt.support.divorce
shinypenny

Default Name change because parent not visiting child

wrote:
I have the sole physical custody of my minor child with the father
having the usual visitaion rights. I am a citizen of state of Georgia.
The father does provide child support. But he refuses to have any
relationship with his son. In these circumstances, it is very traumatic
for my child to bear his father's last name when he has never seen him.
Can I change his last name to my last name without the father's
approval.

Why would the father not approve, if, as you claim, he wants nothing to
do with your son?

That makes no sense.

jen