Old December 5th 06, 06:26 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

Default Child Support Calculation Question

"Gini" wrote in message

"Mr. Anonymous" wrote
You misunderstood the question...

How much would Wife #1 with 4 children get, and how much would Wife #2
with 1 child get?

ie, if I can expect 30% of my pay reduced... would wife #1 get 75% of

it
and wife #2 get 25% of it?

==
Depends on the controlling state and no one here can tell you the amount

and
how it is
divided unless they know the guidelines for that particular state. You can
find the guidelines for
most, if not all states, online. Too, federal law limits the total amount

of
deduction for child
support.

I think you meant, Federal law limits the wage withholding for CS. There is
no limit on how much CS orders can take. The problem is if a father gets
more CS ordered than the statutory maximum for wage withholding he cannot
pay it off through wage withholding. He is expected to pay the maximum
through wage withholding PLUS whatever else is required to keep his CS
account(s) current.