Old December 5th 06, 11:44 AM posted to alt.child-support
Moon Shyne

Default Child Support Calculation Question

"Chris" wrote in message
news

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Mr. Anonymous" wrote in message
t.com...
You misunderstood the question...

How much would Wife #1 with 4 children get, and how much would Wife #2
with 1 child get?

ie, if I can expect 30% of my pay reduced... would wife #1 get 75% of

it
and wife #2 get 25% of it?

The pay isn't much concern for me at the moment, what I am
concentrating
on is making sure wife #2 gets as little as of it as possible.

You will be a serial CS payer. If wife #1 has the first CS order, and CS
for 4 children is 29%, she will get the 29%. Then wife #2 gets a CS

order,
and if CS for 1 child is 17%, she will get 17% of the remaining 81% - so

she
will get about 13.8% of your total gross income.

It all depends on who's CS order was in existance first.

That being the case, he should pray that #2 files first to minimize the
damage.
[the math works out to 71%, not 81%]

You're correct - my math was off.

Concept stays the same, though

"Dale" wrote in message
t...

"Mr. Anonymous" wrote in

Two Mothers...

Mother #1, three children
Mother #2, one child

How is child support most likely to be calculated and who is most

likely
to get how much of what?

If you have 4 kids, that's going to be pretty expensive no matter
which
state you live in.
I would budget for about 70% of your take home pay.

Hope you have a good paying job to keep yourself out of prison!
BTW, why not ask your lawyer how much the rate is?

--
The Source For Premium Newsgroup Access
Great Speed, Great Retention