Old December 7th 06, 04:35 AM posted to alt.child-support
Janet

Default How to stop him?

Why would I want to encourage this? As I said before she is having to
see a therapist because she is having emotional problems related to
change. Any change in her routine sets off a crying fit. It will not
help her to be forced to go with someone that she doesn't want to
see.I thought they used the best interest of the child to determine
these things?

Her father was just someone that I had a brief fling with. We didn't
really care that much about each other and we both understood that. If
he is such a caring father then where was for the first 6 years of her
life? He could have found me if he wanted. Now just because I asked
for some help with the kid that he is halfway responsible for all of a
sudden he wants to act like hes a real dad to her. She doesn't even
like him. She got along fine without him all this time and now he
shows up disrupting her life. Is that fair to her? Do the courts
really think it will be in her best interest to have her being dragged
out of the house by someone she doesn't like and just barely knows?
That seems like child abuse!

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 06:12:16 -0800, "teachrmama"
wrote:

"Janet" wrote in message
.. .
My exboyfriend and I had a little girl in 1999. He took no interest in
her until I filed for child support a year ago. Now that I filed for
support he wants to see her all the time. She is very uncomfortable
around him and I have my doubts about him as well. I just got a notice
of a hearing for him wanting to establish forced parenting time! She
hardly knows this man. She doesn't even like seeing him at my house.
Can he just come in and take her out of here that way? She is seeing a
therapist for emotional issues and I'm afraid that this will set her
back if she is forced to go visiting him. I told him he could see her
over here but he says that isn't good enough. Is there any way I can
stop him? Will the court make her see him? I can't bear the thought of
her being dragged out of the house kicking and screaming. It will
break my heart. Would they really allow that to happen?

It's going to be up to you to make this easy for her. The judge almost
certaily will assign him time with his chld. So you need to start talking
about all the wonderful things little girls can do with their fathers. Talk
to him, and arrange for the 3 of you to start doing some things together--go
out for a hamburger, go see a movie, etc. Laugh with him, talk with him.
Let HER see what a nice man he is. (You obviously did more thatn laugh and
talk at one point in time, or she wouldn't be here) Let her see the man you
cared enough about to create her. YOU have the power to help this happen
without trauma. Be a loving mother to your daughter and help her get to
know and love her daddy.