Old January 27th 07, 04:40 AM posted to alt.child-support
Bob Whiteside

Default A good belly laugh

wrote in message
oups.com...

over 158,000 children are supported through the department.

The government counts CS cases based on how many orders they manage
and then back into how many children the orders represent.

So if you're saying the 158,000 is the number of kids covered by CS,
then why the hell is the department taking credit for supporting those
children? Wouldn't it be, um, the NCP's paying their child support who
are supporting the children?

Of course. And I'll bet this isn't the first time you've heard the
government brag about accomplishments that they never really did.

What frosts my butt when these government press releases become the basis
for news stories is the reporters never challenge what the government says
in the press releases. And the other pattern is the government CS agencies
always makes a big deal about how much CS is owed to justify their ongoing
existence and self-described importance.