Old August 11th 04, 12:25 PM
Kenneth S.

Default In Defense of 'Deadbeat Dads

"teachrmama" wrote in message

"Indyguy1" wrote in message
Mel wrote:

Isn't it nice that CP mommies don't have to go through all those
contortions when they don't want to earn to support their kids....: )
All they have to do is ......NOTHING....except, of course, go down and
cash those checks the state squeezes out of daddy.

sarcasim on

Yeah right, Mel. They do nothing other than cash that extorsion check,

and
let's not forget eat bon bons while watching Oprah.

I think the point is that CPs are not required to earn any money to

support
their kids--only NCPs are required to do so. As for the parenting aspect,
sorry, Indy--they get no credit in my book for that because that is what
parents are supposed to do--take care of their kids. And the majority of
NCPs I have known would *love* to be doing all those things. The money is
the issue. Why does the mother of my husband's daughter get to sit on her
derelict duff, never asked to provide a penny, and still get to be the
"victim" of all those big, bad men who made her pregnant with all those
children? Why hasn't some judge somewhere told her to get off her lard

butt
or go to jail? Our credit is ruined, and she is just a poor wittle woman
who deserves to be paid.

IN THEORY, the rules about imputed income are supposed to apply to
mothers in states that I am familiar with. However, what happens in
practice is a different matter.

I write up court rulings (appeals court level and above, from all
states) for a quarterly newsletter. I have seen rulings that involved
oppressive application of the imputed income rule to fathers (e.g. one where
the court that ruled that, because many schoolteachers get second jobs
during the summer, it was OK to impute income to a schoolteacher father, on
the basis that he could have a second job). However, I recall only one
where the imputed income rule was applied to a mother. That was in a
situation where the mother had remarried, had another child by her new
husband, and wanted her CS to be increased to reflect the fact that she had
become a stay-at-home mother.