Old June 10th 04, 08:02 PM
Paula Johnson

Default Roll call...

I'm Paula (32) married to Neil (32) since 1995. Our twin IVF/ICSI
miracle daughters, Olivia and Cassie, were born after 6.5 years of
infertility, a devastating mid-term twin loss, 3 months of bedrest,
and a cerclage (and a partridge in a pear tree ;-). They came via
emergency c-section at 26 weeks and spent 16 and 14 weeks respectively
in the NICU, battling many issues (some life-threatening). At birth,
Olivia was 1 lb, 15 oz and 14 inches; she is now 21 lbs and 30.5
inches (75th percentile for her chronological age!). Cassie has gone
from 1 lb, 12 oz and 13.5 inches to 19 lbs and 28 inches. It's
incredible to think they were ever so small.

They are now 14 months and the lights of our lives! Olivia receives
developmental, occupational, and physical therapies through early
intervention for issues resulting from her prematurity. Cassie gets
only developmental therapy and is essentially on track for her
adjusted age. They are both far healthier than one would expect
26-weekers with chronic lung disease to be, which is an amazing
blessing.

We live in the Chicago area and have lived most of our lives in
Illinois. Pics are at
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/cassieandolivia/. Thanks for
reading! Looking forward to hearing from others!

--
Paula
Mom to Olivia and Cassie (b. 4/8/03)