Old May 19th 04, 09:56 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Default frustrated with Doctor. Am I rightfullt so? (a bit long, but

zolw wrote:

Ok, you have all convinced me that I am just a fruit cake Maybe my
expectations are way too high. I just can't get over my sister's loss. I
know I am not the same person & most probably will not be like her, but
it frightens me.

Of course it does--it would for anyone. There just
isn't much that could be done about it. I think the best
thing you can do is try to keep it in perspective. Late
term unexplained losses like that are blessedly rare. Your
odds of getting in a car accident on the way to your prenatal
appointments is probably higher than the risk of losing
your baby this late. It's not that it doesn't happen. I'm
just saying that you probably take risks that big or
bigger every day without letting them paralyze you. And
believe me, if you feel this way pregnant, I hate to tell
you that parenting is even worse. Once they're out, there's
*so* much that could happen to them! And every year they
gain more independence and spend more of their lives outside
of your control. It's frightening if you dwell on it, but
learning to deal with it is so very important to the mental
health of your family and your child's development. I'm
not saying it's easy--goodness knows there are times I
lay awake at night with visions of all the bad things
that could happen running through my head. I just have
to firmly tune them out and get on with the business of
living.

Best wishes,
Ericka