Old May 19th 04, 10:01 PM
Nan

Default frustrated with Doctor. Am I rightfullt so? (a bit long, but need help!)

On Wed, 19 May 2004 19:23:24 GMT, zolw wrote:

I do have a lsit of questions everytime I go to see him. Most of them he
just tells me "that's normal". Maybe I am just a demanding woman (& my
hsuband must be too, cause he feels the same way), but I can read up on
things and discuss stuff in newsgroup, I want him to explain what is
going on. When I push it, he seems ****ed off at me.

I wanted to share with him how I feel about the attention I am not
getting & I wanted him to understand that I do trust him medically (not
100% anymore, but he doesn't need to know that), but every time I am
about to open my mouth, I get emotional & feel that if I talk I will cry
or something of the sort. My hsuband is not much help, cause he won't
talk. He just sits there & lets me do all the talking.

Just tell me that I am paranoid (if you think I am) Maybe that will
set me straight.

No, I don't think you're paranoid :-)
But, if you aren't getting your emotional needs met by this doctor,
you could consider switching to a midwife, or another doctor that is
recommended to you.
I also stayed with my GP, but had to see the other 3 doctors in the
practice, on a rotating basis. I certainly had my favorite, and he
wasn't my GP!

Nan