Old July 28th 03, 01:51 AM
Chotii

Default Ultrasound of lower uterine segment (scar)

"Katie Jaques" wrote in message
om...
"Chotii" wrote in message

. ..
Had my scan today. In theory, it should have been done at 37 weeks, and

I'm
well past that now, but the doctor reassured me that there's no such

thing
as too late. So she worked me in 'asap' and thank heavens, my scar

measures
8-9mm thick consistently across its entire width. Since the risk of

rupture
is considered minimal with any thickness greater than 4.5mm, I'd say I

have
very little to worry about. Whew!

Just for a bit of background info, my original scar was found to be

'paper
thin' at the c/s delivery of my twins. I would have stood a greater

chance
of rupture if I had attempted to labor with that. And because of that,

my
doctor and I wanted to rule out that risk as I approach my attempt to

VBA2C.

--angela

So glad to hear this good news. It looks like you haven't been in
here for a day or two, so maybe you are busy doing something else
(like having a baby) G!

Naw, I should be so lucky. This kid seems determined to stick in there until
it's actually due. Or later. I've tried repeatedly to get my girls to
understand that I do have to go back to the hospital, but it will only be
for a couple of days at most, and it will be to have the baby. But they just
see it as mommy going away again, and they get very upset. Sigh.

Today they went with their daddy to the company picnic, and to ride ponies.
I went out to run errands, because I might as well keep myself busy, but it
was too hot, and too much walking for me to go to the picnic. Ah well, maybe
next year.

--angela