Old August 28th 04, 06:33 AM
Briar Rabbit

karen hill wrote:

"Tori M." wrote in message ...

Wouldn't it be wiser just not allow this surgery as a parents choice
unless there was a pre-existing condition that made it necessary?
Parents cannot choose any other unnecessary surgery for their child,
so why should circumcision be any different?

Of coarse you can. I have the option of having my daughters accessory thumb
removed and that would be totaly unnecessary. The extra thumb does not
effect her hand control or anything. if nothing else I guess you could make
the arguement that the extra nail on her hand makes it more likely that she
could scratch herself.

Please don't be stupid. An extra thumb is not normal. A foreskin is
normal. See the difference? I never said abnormalaties like cleft
palate or hypospadias should not be fixed.

I WOULD have had this removed if we could have done it before she turned 1.
As time went on every dr suggested a later and later age and by the time she
can have it done I would rather just let her make up her own mind about this
one. She is now 2 1/2 and would hate to do anything to make her hand
unusable for any amount of time..

Of course you did the right thing. A foreskin is normal, an extra
thumb, a cleft palate or any other medical condition should be
treated. A healthy foreskin should not be removed.

Tori

Yes and why bother with shots? After all there is no current medical
requirement at the time of the shots.