Old April 16th 08, 12:29 AM posted to alt.child-support
Dusty[_2_]

Default starting over, ONCE AGAIN and child support...

"teachrmama" wrote in message

[snip]

Wait a minute, so the idiots at CSE requested money from the bank
and when you didn't have it the bank sent you a bill for 100USD???
You are kidding!!! This all has just gotten out of control.

------------------

The banks are required to turn over whatever assets you have in your
account. Then they charge the account holder their service fee for the
garnishment/levy. My bank charged $75 per garnishment. So they take the
full value of your account balance down to zero with the garnishment and
then place you in over drawn status with the fee for doing the
garnishment. If you don't cover the over drawn status within a
contractual number of days they add-on more fees.

I had a savings account garnished and got charged for overdrawn fees
every 3 days for not saving enough to bring my balance up to zero. The
banks don't publicize they fees except in the fine print about your
accounts.

If your husband has a credit card with his bank he should initiate
overdraft protection tied to his credit card so the fees below the zero
balance level go to his credit card and stop after the initial levy fee.

Our bank did not send them anything--there was a levy inquiry as to how
much was in the account, and we got charged $100 for them answering the
inquiry. I think CSE did not want to get only $50 ir $60 then have us
close the account so they would have to hunt it down again. We didn't
close the account--but I did pay everything online so the bills were paid
5 minutes after the direct deposit was made, so there was never more than
$50 or $60 in the account.

I love technology - and the fact that they blab all over the planet how they
go about doing their voodoo to entrap NCP's, take what little we have left
to live on - then we use the same technology to defeat them at their own
game.

Direct deposit and auto-bill pay, ya gotta love it!