Old February 16th 05, 07:47 PM
Melania

Ericka Kammerer wrote:
Melania wrote:

I think it's different when it's activities the kids really love,
either from an affinity for the activity itself or because of the
social experience. Some kids are herded into music, dance, sports,

art,
language, and who knows what all else, and don't seem to even be
enjoying it.

Well, it's very different for the kids--but mom (or whomever)
is just as busy regardless of the impetus for the activities ;-)

Oh, for sure - but hopefully the mom is also happier than if she is
constantly fighting her kids into things "for their own good." There
were times with all three of us in music lessons that my parents were
very busy. But I think it made them happy to see us enjoying music, and
to see our abilities developing with the musical education.

Melania
Mom to Joffre (Jan 11, 2003)
and #2 (edd May 21, 2005)

My rule is the kids have to *really* want it (and prove it by
giving 100 percent to the activity) and it has to be nearby
(which is easy, because there are loads of opportunities very
nearby) for me to agree.

Best wishes,
Ericka