Old April 11th 05, 06:28 PM
Tamex

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 16:22:45 EDT, "Dawn" wrote:

He may be too old for this, but I still sometimes use the "bunny ear"
approach -- tie a simple underhand knot and then fashion two "bunny
ear" loops, and tie those in a second underhand knot. I find this
actually holds better than the traditional way.

My family calls this the "Mr. Rogers method". I learned to tie my
shoes in the traditional manner, but my younger sister was having
trouble learning how (this, of course, was back when you were tested
on shoe-tying ability to enter kindergarten). Apparently, my mother
saw Mr. Rogers teaching how to tie shoes on one of his shows, and he
used that method. That clicked with my sister, and she still ties her
shoes that way to this day. My daughter also had trouble learning to
tie shoes, but she picked up the Mr. Rogers method right away and
still uses it at age 8. No reason to tie the other way.

If you watch the opening of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood, though, you will
notice that when he puts on his sneakers, he ties them in the
traditional manner. He just presented the other method as easier for
kids to learn.
--
Tamex

No matter how much Jell-o you put in the pool, you still can't walk on water.

**remove Tricky Dick to reply by e-mail**