Old April 12th 05, 02:48 AM
Tracey

"Scott" wrote in message

What's the age record for not being able to tie shoelaces?
I'm just wondering if DS is going to set it

My DD is 8 1/2 and still can't do it :-( I suppose it is worth mentioning
that she is a kid that goes to OT for a myriad of sensory issues, and
learning to tie her shoes is one of her next goals to work on. She knows
the technique for tying, she just can't get them tied tight enough that they
don't untie instantly. Other times she gets so frustrated by trying to get
the loops the right size that she just loses it.

She wears slip on and velcro shoes and buckle shoes. On the one pair of
shoes she had that required laces, I bought those curly shoe laces that just
need to be pulled on to tighten them up. Its really not a big deal for her
(or me) because there are lots of styles of shoes available now that don't
require tying...Lands End has a lot of styles, and her current sneakers are
a Nike pair with elastic things criss-crossing over the tongue of the shoes
that make slipping them on and off a breeze.