Old April 10th 04, 01:36 PM
Sophie

Default Postive thoughts for Nan, please!

"Mary Gordon" wrote in message
om...
Makes me SO glad that when I had my section, they sutured me all the
way with the dissolving stitches. I can still remember the nurse
coming to take out my staples, and being amazed I had none. I dunno,
maybe they had a med student practicing sutures. Healed to a close to
invisible hairline as well - and I do know several people who had
staples who had the wound come open again, although nothing like poor
Nan. That must have been terrifying.

Mary G.

Well from the update, I got the impression Nan was discharged after having
the baby then went back to have the staples removed. I don't understand
that at all. I've always had mine removed before discharge and never had a
problem. The only time I hear of infection/problem is when the woman goes
home with the staples in.