Old December 15th 06, 01:13 PM posted to misc.kids
Banty

Default I need some recomendations for gift ideas for 13 year old boy

In article . com,
says...

I am a volunteer big brother for the BB/BS program and am looking for
something for my little for the holidays. I am really into the idea of
getting him some magazines as he is reading at a significantly lower
level then his classmates.

I was hoping to start him off with some reading materials that he would
find fun and exciting as a 13 year old boy, but I have not had much
luck located such materials. If anybody could recomend what their kids
have enjoyed reading at that age please help me out.

His interests seem to resolve around video games science.

Comic books. Seriously.

I have a 14 year old who doesn't like to read much, although his reading level
is fine. He needs real payoff to read. Like his sci-fi modelling maillist. He
puts his scouting magazine and the National Geographic kid's mag he got for
winning the school geography bee into the trashbin

Comics are of real interest to the age, gets him reading, and, gee whiz, you're
supposed to be 'on his side' a bit and bring him something nice and fun. I
pored over them (even though I was a kid who would also pull down the
encyclopedia to read).

Cheers,
Banty