Old April 2nd 04, 05:57 AM
Kara H

Default Sad..just realized what today is :(

"Jill" wrote:

OMG, how do I stop crying? I can't stop....

It's okay to cry, Jill. One thing I heard that helps me the most and it
looks like you might already be doing, but don't mourn his death, celebrate
his life. While your child won't get to meet your grandfather, she/he will
truly meet and experience him through you and your stories. His love with
pass from you to your child.

My grandmother passed away January 21st of this year. I am 18 years old (on
Wednesday) and the 2nd oldest grandchild, my brother at 19 is the oldest. I
have 10 cousins under the age of 8. The hardest part for me was knowing that
my cousins won't know and love my grandma the way I was blessed with knowing
her and giving love to her and receiving her love. After spending days and
days feeling guilty for having gotten that experience and having my heart
ripped apart knowing that they won't have the experience, I realized that I
can do something about this. It is up to me and my brother and my cousins
who are old enough to remember my grandma to pass on her love, carry on her
traditions, share her favorite stories, tell our best memories and live the
way she would have wanted us to live.

Hang in there, Jill. Cry. Laugh. Grieve. It takes time.

-Kara.