Old February 16th 04, 12:58 PM
Paul Fritz

Default Hello, way long sorry.....

"lm" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 17:47:25 -0500 (EST), (Bebe
lestrnge) wrote:

(Joelle wrote...)

I'm not saying it's not a great thing that you are stepping in for this
child, but it's gonna get dicey and if his parents haven't stepped up

the plate by now, they probably aren't going to.

(then Bebe wrote...)

right again Joelle, They won't be and I guess again I am just ticked
about their lack of consideration . I guess I should of realised after
his mother refused to attend the baby shower that things would be this
way. My daughter has mentioned "child support" from her boyfriend and I
was truthful to her .....I said" it is your right to do so but think it
through it could cause a problem with him and his parents." So far she
has let it be. He does buy the babies diapers and wipes which does help
a great deal. This is so hard for me to stand back and I thank you for
your honesty with me.

The other grandparents may believe that they're doing the right thing
by not helping out, thereby forcing the parents to face their
responsibility. They may believe that you are keeping the parents from
growing up by helping out. It doesn't sound like that's the case, but
parenting styles differ greatly.

Certainly the father should be doing more than buying diapers and
wipes. If you are helping them out so as not to make waves between the
families, and she is learning from you that she should not expect the
father to do his part so as not to make waves between the families,
you and your daughter will be on your own with this little one in no
time. She needs to speak up for her child's needs and your support
(moral support, not doing it for her) in that regard would probably be
very helpful to her.

lm

And how much is the child's mother 'helping' out. The father has a part
time job to help pay expenses....does she?