Old February 16th 04, 10:12 PM
Bebe lestrnge

Default Hello, way long sorry.....

Hello, way long sorry.....

Group: alt.support.single-parents Date: Mon, Feb 16, 2004, 8:19pm
(EST+5) From: (V)

Hi Vicky, the advice you have given helps a lot ! I have taken way too
much of the responsibility away from these kids and I will indeed need
to continue to raise my own daughter though Right? She is doing a
wonderful job with Jaime . As is Jimmy.
I have had a hard time pulling away the well meaning motherly advice to
both of them. I know it was our choice to take on so much while they
attend school but for the babies well being . We did not want to take
her out in the bitter cold to a day care situation at 2 months old. So
we accommodated that. I still stand there on it too ! We do need to ease
out of the picture a little bit and give them more to decide for
themselves but again they are kids and damn they don't think right some
times. It is hard to stop parenting your 16 year old . I really do not
know how?
I'm struggling here..........Bev

I agree. She will only resent you if they can keep it together and her
young mind will blame you later. I promise this is the mind of a young
person. If I were in a similar situation, I would ensure the baby had
exactly what was needed, buying it myself. I would give them a schedule
of when I would be able to keep my granddaughter. I would not sway from
my decision and be firm, yet loving. If approached, a possible reply
would be, "honey, I hope you guys can work it out. Maybe counseling or
talking to a preist, pastor, etc would help?" I will even drive you.
Best of luck.
Vicky