Old November 22nd 03, 10:16 PM
Irene

Default Light so toddler can look around at night?

"Sue" wrote in message ...
Aula,

That study has not been proven conclusive. When doing the study, they forgot
about family history of vision problems and they couldn't find any
conclusive evidence that having a light on will cause vision problems. I
think we had mentioned that a while ago. Anecdotely, I have three children
only one wears glasses. However, we have a strong family history of vision
problems on both sides. It would stand to reason that at least one or some
of our children had to wear glasses. And even if the light did cause vision
problems, wearing glasses is not the end of the world.

IIRC, what they found was that the parents with bad vision were more
likely to use a night light so that *they* could see what was going on
at night. Once they corrected for that, I don't think there was a
correlation.

I don't really have any advice for the OP, since I've used a night
light (one of those rice paper lights with the interior part that
rotates, projecting fish images up to the ceiling) since ds was a
baby. I leave it on all night, since he wasn't sleeping through the
night regularly until very recently, and I needed the light myself (as
one of those parents with bad vision!). I don't think it contributed
to his night waking, but you never know. And he loves the lamp, so
it's not going anywhere anytime soon! (He's 28 months, btw.)

Irene