Old November 20th 06, 11:20 PM posted to alt.child-support
Werebat

Default Advice on Child Support Wrongdoing.

Gini wrote:
wrote

We're speaking with an attourney yet again, but now i'm 18. I was
wondering if I could sue the state of IL for the money they owe ME. The
money that was not sent to my birthmom out of my dads checks and income
taxes. I've been living like crap because of this stupid ordeal, and
i've had to pay for my own things I needed. I have crappy job working
at a computer store and I have got my own car, I buy my own clothes,
pay my bills, and I can't pay back student loans for college. I'm
blaming the state of IL, becase they have screwed over my family
royally, and I was wondernig if I could get it back.

==
Umm...who was supporting you all the time this money was taken from your
dad?

Evidently, his Dad.

Not sure if this is just a wishful troll or not, but I say he should
definitely talk to a lawyer about suing. Sounds like Illinois got a
little too greedy about abusing the nice racket they have, and is now
left with its pants down. How are they going to justify doing what they
did when the CHILD they were supposed to be servicing shows up in court
demanding the money that they stole? "Everyone knows" that NCP dads are
all liars and deadbeats, but this isn't an NCP dad making a stink about
their thievery, it's a "child".

Yes, please, talk to a lawyer about the best way to sue them. If the
lawyer tells you it's never been done before and that it isn't possible,
find another lawyer. Call a reporter from the local paper, too -- they
won't care about what your father has to say, but they may well care
about YOUR side of the story. And please keep us informed here about
what happens.

My state of Rhode Island trumped up hundreds of dollars that I
supposedly "owed" and made off scott-free with it, effectively stealing
it from my son because the money never went to his mother either.
They're crooks, plain and simple, but when they blatantly steal from
kids like this they leave their pants down as I said. One of the big
reasons they are allowed to keep up their shenanigans is that the public
believes that they are helping children -- when the children begin to
call them on their schemes, it will go a long way towards educating the
public at large about what they are really all about.

- Ron ^*^