Old November 21st 06, 02:23 AM posted to alt.child-support
Werebat

Default Advice on Child Support Wrongdoing.

Bob Whiteside wrote:
wrote in message
ps.com...

We're speaking with an attourney yet again, but now i'm 18. I was
wondering if I could sue the state of IL for the money they owe ME. The
money that was not sent to my birthmom out of my dads checks and income
taxes. I've been living like crap because of this stupid ordeal, and
i've had to pay for my own things I needed. I have crappy job working
at a computer store and I have got my own car, I buy my own clothes,
pay my bills, and I can't pay back student loans for college. I'm
blaming the state of IL, becase they have screwed over my family
royally, and I was wondernig if I could get it back.

Three points -

1. If your "birthmom" was ever on public assistant the state could be
seeking reimbursement for whatever benefits she received and that would
create the situation where you claimed the money paid did not go to her.
2. If any CS arrearage existed when the agreement to end CS was made the
remaining balance plus interest could still be outstanding. Stopping the
accrual of CS does not make past due amounts go away.
3. You have no rights to the CS. Only the judgment creditor has a legal
claim to CS money. Based on what you have posted, only your birthmom or the
state has that legal claim.

You mean it isn't really "for the children" like we're all told?

- Ron ^*^