Old December 23rd 05, 08:29 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Pumped milk with mastitis and antibiotics

In article ,
Jen wrote:

Sorry, I probably wasn't being clear. There are no lumps such as a blocked
duct but what I have matches quite a few on that list. Specifically:

# Part or all of the breast is intensely painful, hot, tender, red,
and swollen. Some mothers can pinpoint a definite area of inflammation,
while at other times the entire breast is tender.

My whole areola and around it is as described above. It is also feeling
quite hard, which according to the GP is another symptom.

Another disease it could be is cellulitis (streptococcal infection of the
skin) -- again, it's treatable by antibiotics. A friend of mine had this.

The hardness would be due to the inflammation swelling the tissues.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.