Disappointed over Baby's looks

Old January 5th 06, 05:21 PM posted to alt.mothers,misc.kids

Default Disappointed over Baby's looks

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 12:33:16 +0000 (UTC), enigma
wrote:

Nan wrote in
:

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 09:12:15 +1100, "David Edwards"
wrote:

Babies look like:

a) Skinned Rabbits
b) Winston Churchill

Perhaps if you were only having a child so that it would be
an attractive fashion accessory you should have
reconsidered.

Sorry, but this baby is a human being, with future skills
and personality and all you can think of is 'It doesn't
look like the ones in the catalogue?'

Get over it
R The harsh and bitter

/sigh/

why? i have the great misfortune to know several idiots that
had babies as "fashion accessories". it happens & i really
feel sorry for the poor baby, especially as they get older &
less "fashionable".

Yes, I understand that does happen with some people. I don't get that
from this poster, and I think a CF person ranting about it is in poor
taste.

Nan
Old January 5th 06, 06:54 PM posted to alt.mothers,misc.kids

Nan wrote in
:

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 12:33:16 +0000 (UTC), enigma
wrote:

Nan wrote in
m:

wrote:

[...]

i don't see why Rorq being CF matters here though. at least
he knows that he doesn't need a baby as a fashion accessory
(and i've been told numerous times by guys that having a baby
with them makes them *very* attractive to women).
and, being CF, he can be as blunt as he likes and not have to
worry about his kid ever doing a google search & finding out
his parent thought he was ugly
personally, i think the OP is exhausted, overwhelmed &
possibly suffering from PND. the baby is 8 weeks old. lack of
sleep can make even the nicest newborn pretty unappealing.
i think if there's a daddy involved, he needs to start taking
on either some night or weekend duty so mom can nap or go do
something not baby related.
but i still agree with Rorq, too.
lee
--
war is peace
freedom is slavery
Old January 5th 06, 07:08 PM posted to alt.mothers,misc.kids

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 18:54:39 +0000 (UTC), enigma
wrote:

Nan wrote in
:

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 12:33:16 +0000 (UTC), enigma
wrote:

Nan wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

Because a CF person doesn't have Clue One about parenting issues and
his judgment is too biased. But we can agree to disagree.

at least
he knows that he doesn't need a baby as a fashion accessory
(and i've been told numerous times by guys that having a baby
with them makes them *very* attractive to women).

My ds has said having A or his little brother around has the same
effect. It doesn't mean anyone is using the kid as a fashion
accessory.

and, being CF, he can be as blunt as he likes and not have to
worry about his kid ever doing a google search & finding out
his parent thought he was ugly
personally, i think the OP is exhausted, overwhelmed &
possibly suffering from PND. the baby is 8 weeks old. lack of
sleep can make even the nicest newborn pretty unappealing.
i think if there's a daddy involved, he needs to start taking
on either some night or weekend duty so mom can nap or go do
something not baby related.

I agree.

but i still agree with Rorq, too.

And I don't.
/shrug/

Nan
Old January 5th 06, 07:22 PM posted to alt.mothers,misc.kids

enigma wrote:

i don't see why Rorq being CF matters here though.

Because like every childfree post to a parenting newsgroup, he's only
here to act like a gigantic ass, and make SURE we all know how MUCH he
hates children and parents. Yes, we get it. What I don't get is why
they insist we care.

Michelle
Flutist
Old January 5th 06, 08:11 PM posted to alt.mothers,misc.kids

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 12:22:11 -0700, "Michelle J. Haines"
wrote:

enigma wrote:

i don't see why Rorq being CF matters here though.

Because like every childfree post to a parenting newsgroup, he's only
here to act like a gigantic ass, and make SURE we all know how MUCH he
hates children and parents. Yes, we get it. What I don't get is why
they insist we care.

Not true at all of Rorq, though. He has been a reg in am for some
time and has not trolled here.

I disagree with his viewpoint, but he has a perfect right to state it
and he is blunt about other things too. He is also not a
*child-hater* and has nieces and nephews he enjoys being
around. He just does not have any experience with parenting.

Michelle
Flutist

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old January 5th 06, 08:22 PM posted to alt.mothers,misc.kids

"Michelle J. Haines" wrote in message
enigma wrote:

i don't see why Rorq being CF matters here though.

Because like every childfree post to a parenting newsgroup, he's only here
to act like a gigantic ass, and make SURE we all know how MUCH he hates
children and parents. Yes, we get it. What I don't get is why they
insist we care.

I don't believe my post indicated that I hate children. Babies *are* ugly.
That's the way it is. To the parent, no doubt, it's different, otherwise
there wouldn't be a human race at all.

I was trying to say that cuteness (or otherwise) is not a good yardstick
against which to measure a person's worth, whatever the age.
R -- and I say this even though I am positively overburdened with cuteness
heh

Old January 5th 06, 08:35 PM posted to alt.mothers,misc.kids

enigma wrote:

i don't see why Rorq being CF matters here though.

Because like every childfree post to a parenting newsgroup, he's only here
to act like a gigantic ass, and make SURE we all know how MUCH he hates
children and parents. Yes, we get it. What I don't get is why they
insist we care.

I don't believe my post indicated that I hate children. Babies *are* ugly.
That's the way it is. To the parent, no doubt, it's different, otherwise
there wouldn't be a human race at all.

I was trying to say that cuteness (or otherwise) is not a good yardstick
against which to measure a person's worth, whatever the age.
R -- and I say this even though I am positively overburdened with cuteness
heh

It was your ahem bluntness that I was objecting to.

Nan

Old January 5th 06, 08:52 PM posted to alt.mothers,misc.kids

In article , David Edwards
says...

enigma wrote:

i don't see why Rorq being CF matters here though.

Because like every childfree post to a parenting newsgroup, he's only here
to act like a gigantic ass, and make SURE we all know how MUCH he hates
children and parents. Yes, we get it. What I don't get is why they
insist we care.

I don't believe my post indicated that I hate children. Babies *are* ugly.
That's the way it is. To the parent, no doubt, it's different, otherwise
there wouldn't be a human race at all.

*Some* babies are ugly. Some, by witness of even non-parents, are not (even
some newborns).

Then there's the eye-ob-beholder thing..

Banty

Old January 5th 06, 09:24 PM posted to alt.mothers,misc.kids

"Nan" wrote in message
news

It was your ahem bluntness that I was objecting to.

You sure? My mam always told me I was so sharp I'd cut meself one day
)
R -- Of course, with the onset of ahem middle aged manly expansiveness,
some of the corners got a bit 'rounded off'

Old January 5th 06, 09:44 PM posted to alt.mothers,misc.kids

toto wrote:

Not true at all of Rorq, though. He has been a reg in am for some
time and has not trolled here.

You mean, other than the fact that he just did.

Michelle
Flutist