knowing your pregnant right away

Old February 12th 04, 02:16 PM
Ilse Witch

Default let's start over...

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 01:30:16 +0000, Rock-It Girl / The-Space-Lab wrote:

That is a really good idea. I have tried to talk to a gyn about it when
talking about the pain and my contraceptive problems and they never
suggest natural methods because it's not as effective.

Perhaps someone suggested this already in the other thread, but what you
really should read is the book 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility'. It's a
classic both for women who try to conceive and those who try to avoid it.
The book clearly describes how your body works, clarifying a lot of stuff
even for me, although I thought I was pretty educated on such things. Even
if you decide not to use that method, it is useful. You get to know your
cycle, your body and your health a lot better. Once you know your cycle,
you can easily avoid getting pregnant, or the opposite. It is entirely
natural, highly succesful (if played by the rules) and requires only a
thermometer, some paper and a pencil.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (19m)

Old February 12th 04, 03:18 PM
Elitsirk

Default knowing your pregnant right away

"Robin T." wrote in message ...

Nevertheless, there *are* women who know as soon as they conceive.
They just *know*. How? Beats me, I didn't figure it out until I was 8
weeks along with my first. :P I would never tell anyone, "you cannot
experience symptoms" because I can't rule out the possibility that
they just might feel things I can't feel.

That would be me. With this pregnancy the nausea started within 1 day of
ovulation. With the first it was 2 hours after the act that created my
daughter. Now, I know that there are no logical reasons for this. I know
that I should not have been nauseated due to pregnancy. But I was. Both
times.

Robin T.
#1, 12/25/00
#2, edd 09/29/04

Most months post-bcps, I could tell I ovulated because the next day my
stomach felt a little queasy (as if I didn't know between temps,
ovulatory pain, and CM...). I think it's the progesterone, because I
always felt the same thing on the 1st or 2nd day of the pills too.
Normally it fades away after a day or two. This last time when I
conceived, the initial progesterone thing faded and then came back
about a week later, only stronger. Since the fertilized egg starts
releasing other hormones right away, maybe those make the queasy
reaction a bit stronger for some people, even right away.

--Elit.
#1 edd 9/20/2004
Old February 12th 04, 05:05 PM
Elizabeth H Bonesteel

In article ,
Chotii wrote:

"Jody Pellerin" wrote in message

At least till you said he gets snipped. And that's not all
that, cause if the time ever came, he can get it reversed.

....maybe. There's a reason vasectomy is called 'permanent'. Sometimes it
can be successfully reversed, but any man who has it done should understand
at the outset that it is *permanent*.

Not to mention that (in the U.S., at least) reversal is not covered by health
insurance, and it's VERY expensive. Can't speak for other countries, however.

There are a lot of statistics on the web about success of vasectomy reversals
and successful conception rates (which are two different stats, by the way).
Reversals can be done, yes; but it's non-trivial (it's a hospital procedure,
done under a general anaesthetic, and healing is no picnic), and there are NO
guarantees of success.

I would suggest any man who thinks he's going to sterilize himself "just for
a while" do some serious reading on what he'll be in for when his "while" is
up. A vasectomy is intended to be PERMANENT.

Liz
EDD 5/22/04
--

"No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. Man's reason and
spirit have often solved the seemingly unsolvable - and we believe they
Old February 12th 04, 05:54 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Rock-It Girl / The-Space-Lab wrote:

thank you for all this information! I am going to read up about this but I
still don't like the fact that there is a chance of it not working...

But there is a chance that *any* BC method won't work!
Theoretically the birth control pill is only, what? 98-ish
percent effective, but in actual use the rates are lower. I
know one woman who has four kids, three of whom were pill
babies (she was using the pill correctly--it just didn't work
well for her, though she tried several different varieties).
I know a woman who got pregnant after her husband had a
vasectomy (by the husband--the vasectomy just wasn't completely
effective). *ANY* method of birth control can fail.

If we do end up going the
vasectomy route it will be with the understanding that it is a final
solution.

That would be wise. Nothing wrong with deciding
you don't want children in your future and taking steps
to prevent that, as long as you're clear on the options,
risks, and benefits.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old February 12th 04, 06:17 PM
Sophie

"Rock-It Girl / The-Space-Lab"
wrote in message

he did pull out actually and I'm really not that worried lol

No offense but I would be. I've known plenty of women get pregnant that
way.

I was just
wondering because it is really odd for me to have a sick stomach and the

day
before I overheard a lady at work talk about how she "just knew" she was
pregnant right away and so I was wondering how women "just know". I'm

sorry
I made the joke about him not being responsible, it was not a reference to
his personality, it was a reference to the fact that even most females I
know can't take a pill every 24 hours, I always hear them go "oh damn I
forgot my pill this morning", I didn't expect anyone to take it literally
and start a huge discussion about his ability to be responsible.

Old February 12th 04, 06:41 PM
P Harris

"Rock-It Girl / The-Space-Lab" wrote in message news:OwBWb.465839$JQ1.343388@pd7tw1no...
thank you for all this information! I am going to read up about this but I
still don't like the fact that there is a chance of it not working...

Now, wait a minute...

....you are currently using NO form of birth control (because you've
said all the others cause unacceptible side effects for you and your
boyfriend)...

....how can *anything* work less than THAT????

:-P

There is just no reason NOT to learn FAM. Even if you never get really
expert at it, either thru lack of interest or thru having an
inconveniently irregular body, it will still reduce your chances of
unwanted pregnancy SOMEwhat.

Good luck,

Pat, who for the record (considering the original subject of the
thread) had the beginnings of pregnancy-induced nasal congestion as
early as 6 dpo as well as the usual PMS-ish sore boobs and cramps
starting a day later, but who had no idea that any of this as
pregnancy-related until morning sickness began the day my period was
due and I did a HPT.
Old February 13th 04, 02:58 AM
Rock-It Girl / The-Space-Lab

You know I just remembered that I had a friend who gave a baby up for
adoption and she almost had to keep the kid because there were no parents
who wanted it. She found a couple at the last minute but because she has a
history of breast cancer in the women in her family noone wanted the kid,
even though it was a little boy. It's funny how "desperate" people can pass
up babies that are just as healthy as their own babies would be just because
they want it to be perfect, that is how a lot of babies end up in the foster
system, noone wants them and meanwhile all these couples are complaining
that they can't find a baby. She finally found a couple at the last minute
who had been trying for a long time and had a birth mother decide to keep
the baby at the last minute and really just wanted a little one that they
could love and they didn't care about having to deal with real life
problems.

-Abbey

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
ink.net...
While there may well be some couples that wait a really long time, there

are
also lots of couples who adopt in a very fast timeframe. It all depends

on
the route that you decide to take. Some international adoptions can

easily
happen in a year's time, as well as many domestic situations. We adopted
via domestic open adoption, and brought our baby home in 6 months. If
Rockitgirl and her guy want to go for permanent birth control, then they

can
cross the adoption bridge later, if they decide they want to. In open
adoption, almost anyone can adopt a child, regardless of the fact that

they
could have made one of their own. And, if the guy is snipped, that means
that they couldn't make one of their own anyway.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clark_guest,
Password: Guest1
Password

Handmade Baby Blankets -- www.geocities.com/digit_the_cat/Blankets.html

Old February 13th 04, 06:43 AM
SuperEeyore

Sophie wrote:
"Rock-It Girl / The-Space-Lab"
wrote in message

he did pull out actually and I'm really not that worried lol

No offense but I would be. I've known plenty of women get pregnant
that way.

Hey, I resemble that.

Laurel
--
bmom to Bj
and mommy to Juliet

---

Old February 13th 04, 07:13 AM
Jamie Clark

I'm glad she found parents for her baby. Sometimes I think the parents are
out there, it's just a matter of connecting the two together. I'm sure that
there would have been hundreds, if not thousands of potential adoptive
parents for this child, if they'd only known about him.

Early on in the process, Dh and I talked about what we would or would not be
willing to take in an adopted baby, and I think we ended up being pretty
flexible. We laugh because if we had that much choice in what we could
create on our own -- we'll I'm not sure that our own baby would "pass
muster."

Seriously though, we talked to a potential birthmother (pbm) at one point a
few years ago who had MS. We did some research and decided that MS was a
potentiality that we could live with, and matched with the pbm. About a
month later, she changed her mind about us, for other reasons.

Anyway, I'm glad it all worked out for your friend and her son.