knowing your pregnant right away

Old February 11th 04, 02:50 PM
Jody Pellerin

Default knowing your pregnant right away

Ilse said exactly what I was trying to say.
"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news In general the reason that women feel sick during early pregnancy is
because of the pregancy hormone hCG. This is also the hormone that a
pregnancy test detects in your urine. In order for your body to produce
this hormone, you must have a fertilized egg implanted in your uterus. The
whole process of fertilization and implantation takes at LEAST one week.
Usually what women refer to when they knew right away is a sort of sixth
sense feeling that something happened.

At first the amounts of hCG are marginal and will not affect you unless
you are one of the few percent of women who are highly sensitive to it.
Even in that case, it virtually impossible to feel sick from pregnancy
only 2 days after having sex. To get a reliable test result, your body
must produce enough hCG for the test to detect it, and this usually takes
up to a week after implantation. So add them up, and you will find that
the most reliable time to test is around 2 weeks after ovulation, i.e.
right around the time you should get your period. Some tests claim you can
test sooner, but their accuracy is a lot lower if you do.

So, I'd say you have a stomach bug.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (19m)

Old February 11th 04, 03:09 PM
melizabeth

I've known with both pregnancies (1 m/c, and current pregnancy). I was a
bit unaware with my first pregnancy, but the second time around, within 7-10
days, before my period, I knew. The exhaustion was what cued me. My
husband got a pregnancy test on the way home and voila! This was before my
cycle was supposed to start.

--
M~Elizabeth

To thine own self be true

Old February 11th 04, 03:21 PM
Robin T.

Chotii wrote:
"Jody Pellerin" wrote in message

"Larry McMahan" wrote in message
Rock-It Girl / The-Space-Lab
writes:
Hey I was wondering, of you ladies that knew you were pregnant
within a couple of days, how did you know?

-Abbey =0

1. Sore boobs,
2. Having to urinate frequently.

Starting maybe 7 to 10 days after.

he's right. Symptoms wouldn't start this soon. Technically, the egg
hasn't even implanted yet. Symptoms usually don't start till just
before your period is due. Perhaps you're getting the flue or a
stomach virus.

Nevertheless, there *are* women who know as soon as they conceive.
They just *know*. How? Beats me, I didn't figure it out until I was 8
weeks along with my first. :P I would never tell anyone, "you cannot
experience symptoms" because I can't rule out the possibility that
they just might feel things I can't feel.

That would be me. With this pregnancy the nausea started within 1 day of
ovulation. With the first it was 2 hours after the act that created my
daughter. Now, I know that there are no logical reasons for this. I know
that I should not have been nauseated due to pregnancy. But I was. Both
times.

Robin T.
#1, 12/25/00
#2, edd 09/29/04

Old February 11th 04, 03:34 PM
Sophie

I've always known within days cos I chart my temps and can tell that way.
My first physical symptom is very sore boobs, then being very tired and
having to pee a lot.

Lots of people seem to think morning sickness is the first sign, or one of
the first. For me that never happens till 7 or 8 weeks along. Sounds to me
like you have an upset stomach or stomach bug. We have one going around
where I live *big time* right now

As for testing early. I got a + at 10 dpo (days past ovulation) with a
First Response test.

Good luck.

Sophie
#4 due 7/18/04

Old February 11th 04, 03:40 PM
Elitsirk

"Rock-It Girl / The-Space-Lab" wrote in message news:lhiWb.466539$X%5.25473@pd7tw2no...
Hey I was wondering, of you ladies that knew you were pregnant within a
couple of days, how did you know?

-Abbey =0

Oops, I hit post before finishing...

I was going to say that 2 days ago my partner and I had sex using no birth
control. I woke up this morning (about 36 hours later) with the most rotten
feeling in my stomach and it has been 14 hours and it still has not gone
away. I'm not sure how to describe it but I know every person has
experienced this at one point or another, like if you drank bad milk or
something...you get a weird stomach acid taste in your mouth.

Well, I had a "off" stomach before I took the pg test too, but it
wasn't till a good week after ovulation (was charting temps and also
used an ovulation predictor kit that month, so I *know* which day I
ovulated). My stomach felt (and still does) like it does when I'm
anxious about something, or like I've been on a merry-go-round too
long (or those spinnning tea-cup rides at the amusement park).

My first real symptom was period-like cramps at about 5-6 days after
ovulation (implantation sign...can also be accompanied by very light
spotting, though I had none). It was the following week that my boobs
started to really hurt and my stomach was off, and I had to pee a lot.
I tested the day I was officially "late" for my period, but I already
knew.

We only managed to BD (baby dance) twice around my fertile time since
we were visiting my family through most of it, but DH actually had a
feeling about one of those times, so I guess you could say that he
*knew* the day it happened

BTW, you can have phantom pregnancy symptoms when you *don't* want to
be pregnant also--and in this case, your fears about it could very
well be pushing your body to invent the upset stomach. If you're
worried, some of the early pregnancy tests work as little as 10 days
after ovulation. I believe that a blood test done by a doctor can
work as little as 7 days after ovulatioin.

Also, if you take a pregnancy test and it shows positive, you are most
definitely pregnant. Those things test for hormones that your body
will not manufacture unless you are pregnant. If you knew someone who
tested positive and then didn't end up pregnant, then she likely had a
very early miscarriage that looked like a regular period to her. It
is apparently extremely common for women to miscarry before they even
know they're pregnant (I think I read something like 25% of all
conceptions end up that way, but don't quote me on that).

Good luck, in whatever you find out! I hope things turn out the way
you want!

--Elit.
#1 due 9/20/2004
Old February 11th 04, 06:11 PM
Buzzy Bee

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 04:03:06 GMT, "Rock-It Girl / The-Space-Lab"
wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!
Hey I was wondering, of you ladies that knew you were pregnant within a
couple of days, how did you know?

I have had morning sickness within 7 days of ovulation with all four
pregnancies (one full term, three miscarriages so for me there is no
truth in the "a sicky pregnancy is a healthy pregnancy" line).

I buy 10iu pregnancy tests and typical get a +++ at 10-12DPO.

Megan
--
Seoras David Montgomery, 7 May 2003, 17 hours: sunrise to sunset (homebirth)

To e-mail use: megan at farr-montgomery dot com
Old February 11th 04, 06:16 PM
Buzzy Bee

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 08:21:04 -0700, "Robin T."
wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!

That would be me. With this pregnancy the nausea started within 1 day of
ovulation. With the first it was 2 hours after the act that created my
daughter. Now, I know that there are no logical reasons for this. I know
that I should not have been nauseated due to pregnancy. But I was. Both
times.

I'm a bit slower off the mark, but I think my record is 5 days and
that was physically sick to the point of throwing up. That continued
until the day of the miscarriage in that case.

With Seoras it was 7DPO and continued to 21 weeks (throwing up). I've
recently been prescribed anti-emetics to take as soon as the symptoms
start.

Megan

Old February 11th 04, 10:49 PM
Rock-It Girl / The-Space-Lab

Nevertheless, there *are* women who know as soon as they conceive. They

just
*know*. How? Beats me, I didn't figure it out until I was 8 weeks along

with
my first. :P I would never tell anyone, "you cannot experience symptoms"
because I can't rule out the possibility that they just might feel things

can't feel.

Nevertheless, I worry for someone who is not looking to get pregnant, and
yet has unprotected sex 2 weeks into her cycle, knowing very well she

might
be ovulating. That's a recipe for an unwanted pregnancy. :/ (Me, I got
pregnant the day my period was due. Not that it came because my cycle was
atypical that month. So I can use that as my excuse, ha ha.)

Maybe the 'feeling in the pit of the stomach' is dread, fear of what could
be?

--angela

Yah I'm actually not too worried about it, my reason for posting was for
reasurrance so that I don't get worried. I wasn't paying much attention to
whether I was ovulating or not since I never pay attention to that. We had
unprotected sex because we've worked our way through all the birthcontrol
methods (and I mean all) with the exception of IUD because my doctor does
not feel it would be safe for me. Nothing works for us, the hormones make me
sick (estrogen) or crazy (progesterone), I'm allergic to spermicide, I'm
allergic to latex, and I have now developed an allergy to polyeurothane
which worked successfully for several months but then began hurting in
summer and then the allergy became so bad that I started bleeding during
sex.

We had not had honest to goodness GOOD sex with emotion and good feelings
attached and no pain for about 4 or 5 months and it was starting to take
it's toll on our relationship as we are a very affectionate/passionate
couple and have been since day 1 so finally we just really needed that
night. Like I said I wasn't too stressed out about it but it was very odd as
there is nothing I could have eaten that could account for it and I have
heard so many people say they knew they were pregnant so I thought maybe
this was how.

I suppose I could have a stomach bug as someone else suggested but we will
have to wait and see...same problem today: started out fine and slowly it
got worse through the day, I did have a really weird dream last night and I
always get weird ones when I am sick so maybe I am sicker than I actually
think (I've been so healthy lately since I changed to 100% home made food
that maybe I have the stomach bug but my immune system is stronger so I
don't notice it in the rest of my body or something).

Old February 11th 04, 10:51 PM
Rock-It Girl / The-Space-Lab

Two weeks after conception? That's more reasonable. But there are
women who say they know they're pregnant the day after they had sex -
I'm not calling them liars, but the sperm might not actually have
reached an egg at that point!
--
Linz
YB: 15 weeks, 14lbs 14oz

Yah, this is what has me confused too...having not had any close friends
with children I have heard it said by other women but have not been close
enough to question them on it.