knowing your pregnant right away

Old February 11th 04, 10:54 PM
Rock-It Girl / The-Space-Lab

Default knowing your pregnant right away

"Jody Pellerin" wrote in message
Some women do know, good intuition probably. But she asked about physical
symptoms. Which wouldn't start till the egg is implanted, at least. Only

two
days later after ovulation, if she has ovulated yet, wouldn't be implanted
yet.

I was thinking the same thing though, maybe her nerves are causing her to
feel sick. Even though she doesn't want to be pregnant, she might be

scared
of it enough that it's on her mind. And your mind can play some nasty

tricks
on you. The same type of thing happened to my friend's fiancé. She was two
weeks away from her period being due, if not more and thought she was
getting physical symptoms. Peeing a lot, things like that. Turned out she
wasn't pregnant at all, it was an infection if I remember right.

Well this actually has happened to me before which is why I thought I should
get some information this time around. This time I am not necessarily
worried about it but even if on the surface you are not worried about
something sometimes underneath you still can be. The first time I skipped my
period completely just due to stress which of course made it all even
worse...I was more bloated, more swollen breasts, everything because I
hadn't had the monthly release. Though that time I was very worried on the
surface right from the beginning. This time I am too busy to worry, I will
worry next week if I am still feeling like this but for now I have exams to
worry about lol

Old February 11th 04, 11:02 PM
Rock-It Girl / The-Space-Lab

That would be me. With this pregnancy the nausea started within 1 day of
ovulation. With the first it was 2 hours after the act that created my
daughter. Now, I know that there are no logical reasons for this. I know
that I should not have been nauseated due to pregnancy. But I was. Both
times.

Robin T.
#1, 12/25/00
#2, edd 09/29/04

2 hours? wow that is insane!

I know that if I ever do have a kid that I will be a puker. I'm not a puker
in my regular life (have not thrown up from a stomach illness in probably 7
or 8 years, probably longer but I can't remember that far back...try as I
might nothing will ever come up no matter how sick I am). But I know I will
be a puker because I reacte very intensely to both estrogen and progesterone
and can not even take the lowest dose pill on the market because of extreme
symptoms. The last time I tried the new lowest dose pill I was sick starting
day one and only lasted 8 days before I gave up because I was in too much
pain to get out of bed lol

Actually it's kind of funny because I love kids but I have no intention of
ever baring one and finding out for myself if I reacte just as badly to the
real thing. Both my partner and I would like to adopt a pair of siblings
from overseas once we are more established and he will be getting snipped
shortly (he has a child from a previous marriage anyway).

Old February 11th 04, 11:03 PM
Rock-It Girl / The-Space-Lab

You can take an early pregnancy test about 4 days before you expect your
period, but read the small print on the box. IIRC, these tests are 50%
accurate 4 days before your anticipated period, 65% three days before, 85%
two days before and 93% the day before. So on day -4 you might as well

flip
a coin. FWIW, both times I was pregnant, I got negative results on
the early tests until the day before my period was due.

Try not to worry. Anxiety is probably what you are feeling, not

conception.

Donna

Thank for the info about tests, since I am not trying to conceive I don't
know much about this stuff )

Old February 11th 04, 11:06 PM
Rock-It Girl / The-Space-Lab

thank you for this info, I am clueless about this stuff... )

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
In general the reason that women feel sick during early pregnancy is
because of the pregancy hormone hCG. This is also the hormone that a
pregnancy test detects in your urine. In order for your body to produce
this hormone, you must have a fertilized egg implanted in your uterus. The
whole process of fertilization and implantation takes at LEAST one week.
Usually what women refer to when they knew right away is a sort of sixth
sense feeling that something happened.

At first the amounts of hCG are marginal and will not affect you unless
you are one of the few percent of women who are highly sensitive to it.
Even in that case, it virtually impossible to feel sick from pregnancy
only 2 days after having sex. To get a reliable test result, your body
must produce enough hCG for the test to detect it, and this usually takes
up to a week after implantation. So add them up, and you will find that
the most reliable time to test is around 2 weeks after ovulation, i.e.
right around the time you should get your period. Some tests claim you can
test sooner, but their accuracy is a lot lower if you do.

So, I'd say you have a stomach bug.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (19m)

Old February 11th 04, 11:09 PM
Rock-It Girl / The-Space-Lab

Also, if you take a pregnancy test and it shows positive, you are most
definitely pregnant. Those things test for hormones that your body
will not manufacture unless you are pregnant. If you knew someone who
tested positive and then didn't end up pregnant, then she likely had a
very early miscarriage that looked like a regular period to her. It
is apparently extremely common for women to miscarry before they even
know they're pregnant (I think I read something like 25% of all
conceptions end up that way, but don't quote me on that).

Good luck, in whatever you find out! I hope things turn out the way
you want!

--Elit.
#1 due 9/20/2004

wow that is really weird...she was really young, 16 I think at the time, so
the doctor probably kept that information from her otherwise I don't think
she would have been able to deal with the emotions attached to finding out
she really was pregnant but lost it.

Old February 11th 04, 11:10 PM
Rock-It Girl / The-Space-Lab

"Taniwha grrrl" wrote in message

"Rock-It Girl / The-Space-Lab"
wrote in
message

I'm allergic to spermicide, I'm
allergic to latex, and I have now developed an allergy to

polyeurothane
which worked successfully for several months but then

began hurting in
summer and then the allergy became so bad that I started

bleeding during
sex.

That sounds awful, you poor thing. I wonder if your partner
can get the male contraception instead, it sounds like your
poor body needs a rest from all that. Otherwise my
suggestion would be to learn NFP so you can have unprotected
sex without the pregnancy worry.

--
Andrea

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a
horrible warning.

Male contraceptive won't be available for another few years (I'm in Canada)
and he is way too irresponsible to take it like clockwork as you are
supposed to...I mean let's be honest here, he's not a dad he has no reason
to be responsible yet lol What is NFP?

Old February 11th 04, 11:55 PM
Rock-It Girl / The-Space-Lab

"Nan" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 23:10:47 GMT, "Rock-It Girl / The-Space-Lab"
wrote:

Male contraceptive won't be available for another few years (I'm in

Canada)
and he is way too irresponsible to take it like clockwork as you are
supposed to...I mean let's be honest here, he's not a dad he has no

reason
to be responsible yet lol What is NFP?

Well, if he doesn't want to be a dad, perhaps he should try to be
responsible for preventing that???
I see you've tried several methods, what is *he* willing to try?

Nan

Ah you must have missed that in my first reply...he is getting snipped soon
) And I didn't say he doesn't want to be a dad, I said he's not
responsible because he's not a dad (ie we are both still kids...kind of, mid
20's, and have no reason to be responsible yet lol)

Old February 12th 04, 12:03 AM
Jody Pellerin

I said he's not
responsible because he's not a dad (ie we are both still kids...kind of, mid
20's, and have no reason to be responsible yet lol)
But you said in another post he has a child from a previous marriage.
Shouldn't that have taught him to be responsible? I don't mean to sound
harsh here, just met too many of my friend's boyfriends who have a bunch of
kids with different mothers, ect.

Old February 12th 04, 12:36 AM
Taniwha grrrl

"Rock-It Girl / The-Space-Lab"
wrote in
message

Male contraceptive won't be available for another few

years (I'm in Canada)
and he is way too irresponsible to take it like clockwork

as you are
supposed to...I mean let's be honest here, he's not a dad

he has no reason
to be responsible yet lol What is NFP?

NFP is Natural Fertility Planning. You learn to observe your
body symptoms for signs of fertility and avoid sex during
your fertile time. It's as effective as the mini pill if you
are using the method correctly. A womins body goes through
changes throughout her hormonal cycle. The two main changes
that can be observed are cervical mucus and body
temperature. Generally a womin's basic infertile mucus is
thick, white, pasty and as she approaches ovulation her
mucus will become more watery, fluid, copious, stretch and
clear. Often peaking in mucus that resembles egg white just
prior to ovulation. Once she has ovulated her mucus returns
to the infertile type. Observing your mucus and other
'personal to you' body symptoms you can know when you are
fertile. Using a thermometer you can graph your temperature
and once you have ovulated you will notice it rises.
Temperature shift can be used to confirm ovulation has taken
place and that for the rest of the cycle you can have
unprotected sex with the knowledge pregnancy isn't going to
occur. There is quite a bit more to it than that, but
getting in contact with a local natural fertility teacher or
picking up a book on the subject will be a start. There is
one that is often recommended here I can't recall what it's
called exactly but I think it's by Toni Welsher (sp?) called
Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Best of luck.