Who here is done?

Old February 11th 04, 08:17 PM
Cheryl S.

Default Who here is done?

"Sophie" wrote in message
I was just curious as to who here is finished having children?

We are. Two is what we had always figured on having. One would
actually have been OK with DH but I grew up as an only (I'm 17 years
younger than my closest sibling) and I didn't want that for my kids, for
various reasons.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 10 mo. and Jaden, 5 months

Old February 11th 04, 08:28 PM
Joybelle

"Sophie" wrote in message
I was just curious as to who here is finished having children?

If you're not done, how many do you think you *want*, and how many do you
think you'll *have*?

We know #4 will be it for us. It's how many we've always wanted.

We have three children. I really, really want four (or even more), so I
don't feel done. Hubby, though, wants to be done. I guess we'll have to
see what the future holds.

Joy

Rose 1/99
Iris 2/01
Spencer 3/03

#4 due 7/18/04

I am 26 and have 5 children. I know I want more and can't wait!

Andrea.

Old February 11th 04, 08:53 PM
Clisby

Larry McMahan wrote:

How about I have 4, I'm done (so I'm told :-) but I want more.

Guess you have to stop sometime,
Larry

Do you ever fantasize that somebody will abandon one on your doorstep?

Every time I read a story like that in the newspaper, I think about how
tempted I'd be just to keep my mouth shut and keep the baby.

Clisby

Old February 11th 04, 09:11 PM
Kari

We would like another, but I'd keep on going if I could! It's still not out
of the question, but 4 would be a nice number for us. Besides, if I have 5,
then Im having 6 to keep it even! If it weren't for finances, having a
large enough home, and our ages (in that order) then we'd probably agree to
have a total of 6 but as it stands now, we'll probably only have one more.
Not sure when, possibly 2-3yrs from now.

Kari
mom to Kaylie (8) Noah (4) and Xander (4 mos)

Old February 11th 04, 09:16 PM
Jill

"Sophie" wrote in message
I was just curious as to who here is finished having children?

If you're not done, how many do you think you *want*, and how many do you
think you'll *have*?

I don't think I am finished as long as I can get through this pregnancy sane
and intact and not too traumatized. I have to feel confident that I can
get through another pregnancy without being 9 months of torture.

Husband wants 2. I would love to have 4 or even more. I think most likely,
if I have what I hope I can, I would expect to have 3. I would LOVE 2 girls
and a boy, but will take whatever! I think my husband prefers 1 boy, 1 girl.
But would be happy if we had 2 little girls. His only worry is money, he is
supportive of me staying home , but he feels pressure to only have kids he
feels he can afford. He's thinking about college funds and whatnot... I
am thinking we'll make it somehow and get the kids off to college, I am
thinking about the little patter of feet around the house.

Realistically any more we have will be a blessing. I think the short answer
is I want and plan to have 2 more.

Who would have thought! I was so scared to be pregnant with my one. The
hormones are balancing out and all I see now is what a blessing I have !

Old February 11th 04, 09:18 PM
Jill

"sharonx9" wrote
I hate the thoughts of my childbearing coming to an end...but alas...after

5
children I think we may be done. I don't know if my body could take

another
one at least not right now.

Wow, 5.....IMO that would be so wonderful to have already been there and
done that, and have 5 . Honestly if my body could make it through all those
pregnancies, physically and mentally, I would like to have as many as
biologically possible until I am about 36.

I have a strong desire for a full, loving, noisy home.

Old February 11th 04, 09:20 PM
Jill

"daisy" wrote
We have 1 and will adopt

Oh, and great idea. If my body cant make it through the pregnancy process
again I would love to adopt and give a child a nice cozy home and a family.

Old February 11th 04, 09:23 PM
Kari

"Jill" wrote in message
. ..

"daisy" wrote
We have 1 and will adopt

Oh, and great idea. If my body cant make it through the pregnancy process
again I would love to adopt and give a child a nice cozy home and a

family.

It IS a great idea. We've been discussing possibly adopting #4
internationally. There are just so many babies in need of homes all over the
world and it almost seems, selfish somehow I guess, to keep having more when
we could help another child in need of a loving home. That is what my sister
plans to do, have one and adopt one (or more)

Old February 11th 04, 09:35 PM
Kara H

"Kari" wrote
We've been discussing possibly adopting #4
internationally. There are just so many babies in need of homes all over

the
world and it almost seems, selfish somehow I guess, to keep having more

when
we could help another child in need of a loving home. That is what my

sister
plans to do, have one and adopt one (or more)

Oh Kari (and Jill)...you have just warmed my heart tons! I have such a soft
spot for adoption and I always have. I am still only 17 and I have had no
direct associations with adoption, but in my mind I have told myself over
and over that all I want to do in life, if I can't do anything else, is
adopt a child who depends on someone like me to offer them the love that
they might never have gotten the chance to receive. I could go on and on
about adoption, but obviously you know, too, how important it is. There are
just so many babies out there without moms and dads and even a place to call
home and it breaks my heart to pieces. I plan on having one or two of my own
children and adopting up to 4 more. I also feel that I would like to adopt
internationally and possibly a handicapped child. If I am so fortunate as to
be physically healthy, the least I can do is love and nurture a child who is
not. I plan to go into medicine too so my profession will work to my benefit
with a child who needs medical attention. Anyways, you definitely touched on
a topic that means so much to me. Sorry to ramble!

Anyways, keep me posted because I am just so happy that you are considering
this. You truly are an amazing mom!

-Kara.