Who here is done?

Old February 11th 04, 09:41 PM
Shena Delian O'Brien

Default Who here is done?

Welches wrote:

Any particular reason for 4? (to persuade dh...)

My sister has her perfect family with 4. 2 girls, 2 boys.

Old February 11th 04, 09:46 PM
Shena Delian O'Brien

Jill wrote:

I don't think I am finished as long as I can get through this pregnancy sane
and intact and not too traumatized. I have to feel confident that I can
get through another pregnancy without being 9 months of torture.

You had such a hard time in the beginning! I feel bad because I've had
such an easy time of it. Other than regressing a little with the
hormones and feeling like I needed more rest time, I have had a fairly
uneventful pregnancy. I feel like I could do this again as many times as
we wanted, as long as we put enough time in between

Old February 11th 04, 09:58 PM
Donna

"Sophie" wrote in message
I was just curious as to who here is finished having children?

If you're not done, how many do you think you *want*, and how many do you
think you'll *have*?

We know #4 will be it for us. It's how many we've always wanted.

I'm done after this one. Two kids (three, with my stepdaughter) is all
the college we can pay for, and I'm getting a little too old to be planning
more pregnancies.

Donna

#4 due 7/18/04

Beats me if we're done after this one. ;-) I'm facing a slightly
different problem from most of the responses I've read: I'm happy with
one, DH wants tons. I'm willing to play the wait and see game, and see
how this one turns out. If things go OK (even better if things go
downright well), then I'll consider another. ;-) Poor DH... Every
time I tell him that I dreamed that we had 6 kids (or something like
that), he gets really, really excited. He comes from a big family, so
he thinks that bigger is better.

#4 due 7/18/04

We're done, but we haven't ruled out adopting when Buggy is older.

Denise
#4 due 7/16/04

Old February 11th 04, 10:29 PM
Auntie Bubbles

"Sophie" wrote in message
I was just curious as to who here is finished having children?

Well, this will be DH's 5th,and only my first, but I'm pretty sure that will
be all for us. I'm 39, he's 43, and the youngest child just turned 17.
None of the other kids lives with us.
I wonder about having what amounts to an only child. I am one of three
and DH is one of 6. We both grew up fighting and running around with
brothers and sisters, but this one will have adult brothers and sisters and
no one to fight with! Poor thing!
Cheers,
Alexis
EDD 4/21/04
Beanie #1

Old February 11th 04, 10:58 PM
Elizabeth H Bonesteel

In article ,
Auntie Bubbles wrote:
I wonder about having what amounts to an only child.

DH and I plan on this one being an only as well (we're also 39 and 43, and
he's got two grown kids from a previous marriage). I have a very good friend
whose 16-year-old son was raised an only child. I've never met the boy, but
by all accounts he's a well-adjusted, fairly relaxed adolescent. I suspect
how he was brought up has more to do with how he came out than whether or not
he had siblings.

That said, if DH came to me and said "You know? Another would be cool," I'd
probably consider it. (I say this not having gone through labor yet, you
understand. ;-))

Liz
EDD 5/22/04

--

"No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. Man's reason and
spirit have often solved the seemingly unsolvable - and we believe they
Old February 11th 04, 11:06 PM
Taniwha grrrl

We haven't decided yet. Someday's I want more someday's I
don't. I had an awful birth and am pretty terrified of going
through that again. But I love raising children, and adore
having babies around. Mind you I'm 35 in a few weeks and I
really don't mind having a baby in my 40's, in fact I would
really like that so I have a few years to umm and ahhh about
#12 yet. Rhys will be in his 20's by the time I hit my 40's
so I may even have grandbabies by then to satiate my baby
fever.
We have a pretty open mind about more, I really don't want
to end my childbirth years with a c/section so I feel I need
to at least finish with another lovely homebirth. I'm
leaning more to yes there will be more, but nothing is set
in stone. I might not even be able to 'have' anymore after
the damage my uterus underwent in that surgery.

--
Andrea

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a
horrible warning.

#4 due 7/18/04

We plan to have one more if its a girl... if its another boy then we will
try for #3... if its a boy again, we'll be happy with what we got... but a
girl would be nice

I have a horrible feeling that I'll only get boys though lol

Leanne
edd: 23rd of april 2004

#4 due 7/18/04

I *think* we're going to be done after this one, but everyone says we can't
just have three because then one of them always gets left out. So if I have
an easy time with this one as a baby, I may change my mind and go for #4.
But then that would definitely be it!

--
Sandi
Mommy to Abby, 3