name fights

Old June 22nd 04, 01:17 AM
Hillary Israeli

Default name fights

In ,
KellieGaines wrote:

*That said, I think that we have finally established that I'm the one
*who cares more about the name, it's meanings, how it actually sounds,
*not having the intials spell something horrible (common with a G last
*name), not rhyming with our other names, not having all kids with the
*same first initial, etc... plus, I'm the pregnant one, so I get a
*"bonus" vote.

That reminds me, I have been meaning to tell you - my FIL informed me the
other day that the new baby "needs" to have a name that is 5 letters long,
to "go with" Jacob and Naomi.

h.
Old June 28th 04, 02:41 AM
Zannah

In article ,
"Tori M." wrote:

My husband resolutely *refused* to suggest any baby names. However, we
had both agreed that the other one had power of veto - that we wouldn't
call the baby something the other one hated. Would your husband agree to
that? (And then you could veto Breeeeeauuuna?)

My husband vetoed my first three suggestions, including the name my
heart was set on, but I figured she was his daughter too, so I wanted a
name we both liked.

Zannah.

(whose shortlist consists of 37 boys' names and 43 girls' names, but my
husband hasn't seen it yet.)

My best friend told her husband that if he did not pick a name that she
would name the children whatever she wanted and would tell him the names she
had picked out. If he did not come up with something he liked by the time
they where born they got her names... This was after he turned down just
about every name she sugested with the first 2 and did not offer any of his
own He came up with 2 reasonable names for the last 2.

We ended up with a name for our daughter that I wa sless enthusiastic
about, but which my husband liked (admittedly he made no suggestions). I
think, in the end, it suits her better than the names I truly, truly
loved. And it's less popular than them, so I think it unlikely that
she'll ever have the experience of being [firstname] T. (Mind you, I've
got a reasonably uncommon first name, and there were two of us with the
same name in a class of 22 girls.)

Zannah maybe you should narrow down your list a bit.. I have seen baby books
with fewer names in it

Well, I've given him the list, and he's gotten as far as crossing off
the first name. We're still doing better than with my daughter; I think
at the time of her birth we had 12 boys names and 50 girls names... My
mother would phone up every day and say "haven't you named that baby
yet?" And it would be rather cool having a name before the nany was born.

Zannah.

(#2 in September 2004)

Circumcision Fights Saffyre3 Pregnancy 5 January 25th 04 06:24 AM
arrggh hate bullies at school!! David&Wendy General 27 September 25th 03 09:49 PM