For those that care to know

Old November 23rd 04, 01:32 PM
Joelle

It's a shame you'd let someone intimidate you in that way.

I wasn't intimidated. I was hurt. And I was hurt because it was a regular who
got personal because of a philosophical difference.

I don't care what strangers think, but this was who I respected (past tense
emphasized) . and it was so nasty, I was taken aback by it.

You don't want to be so hardened that you don't care about anybody. To have
relationships you have to be vulnerable to being hurt.

It was a good reminder for me. It's happend to others here, like Kate.
Shrug. You just have to reevaluate who you trust, respect and who you don't.
Sometimes you have to take some time out to figure that out and change your
assessments of people and remember. In the end, what people say reflects upon
them, not me.

Joelle

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle
Old November 24th 04, 01:41 AM

"CME" wrote in message

"V" wrote in message

"CME" wrote in message

"Joelle" wrote in message
I used to be called a feminazi. Is there a difference

No, I got that designation from the so-called "liberal" side.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle

Glad to see you're back, but why the **** were you lurking? What did I
miss?

Christine

Christine:
Why the language?

Why do you care? I was ****ed that someone here was a part of Joelle's
absence and not just life getting too busy to post. How I phrase that is
really none of your concern.

Christine

You seem to be perpetually ****ed off. Christine, it is really none of my
business how you post, but when you post in public forums, you can be asked
questions. It is a good thing this group isn't moderated. I simply asked why
the harsh language?

Old November 24th 04, 06:20 AM
CME

"Joelle" wrote in message
[...]

Right, and it's not your job to moderate it, now is it?

Christine

Old November 24th 04, 06:35 AM
CME

"Joelle" wrote in message
[...]

Ok poor choice of words on my part, hurt would have been better... but you
have a valid point. I guess for myself, I only trust and care about a small
number of people and what they really think of me. If anyone here were to
judge and for me to be hurt by their assessment simply wouldn't happen. I
only show people small glimpses of who I *really* am online and it's not
that I have any fear it's just not something I do because I have become
hardened by experience. I just think it's sad you'd let someone, even
someone you respected, keep you away from a place you've become a valued
part of.

Christine

Old November 24th 04, 07:08 AM
Cele

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 06:35:08 GMT, "CME"
wrote:

Ok poor choice of words on my part, hurt would have been better... but you
have a valid point. I guess for myself, I only trust and care about a small
number of people and what they really think of me. If anyone here were to
judge and for me to be hurt by their assessment simply wouldn't happen. I
only show people small glimpses of who I *really* am online and it's not
that I have any fear it's just not something I do because I have become
hardened by experience. I just think it's sad you'd let someone, even
someone you respected, keep you away from a place you've become a valued
part of.

I think that a person's entitled to their feelings, and their
feelings should be honoured regardless of whether we would share them
in similar circumstances, or not.

Actions can be really wrong. Feelings are just...feelings. If a
person's not safe to feel, then what is safe?

Joelle is telling us her feelings were hurt. That's just a statement
of fact. It doesn't require that anyone pass judgement. Fact is, I may
have been part of hurting Joelle's feelings. I hope not, but it's
certainly possible. She and I disagree on many things. I hope I
haven't been unkind when disagreeing, but it's possible.

I'm glad for you that your defenses work for you. I don't think it
reflects in any way poorly on Joelle that A) she let hers down a bit
with people she trusts, or B) she felt hurt. That's kind of telling us
that she's willing to be vulnerable enough to engage, and that's not a
bad thing. From where I sit, it smacks of courage.

Personally, I've become hardened by a fair number of experiences
myself, and that has caused me not to feel at times. I see that as a
loss, but one that I'll get past. Then again, that's just me.

It's not necessary to pass judgement on expressions of feelings, IMO.
Actions are different. But feelings, nah.

Cele
Old November 24th 04, 08:41 AM
CME

news
wrote:

Ok poor choice of words on my part, hurt would have been better... but you
have a valid point. I guess for myself, I only trust and care about a
small
number of people and what they really think of me. If anyone here were to
judge and for me to be hurt by their assessment simply wouldn't happen. I
only show people small glimpses of who I *really* am online and it's not
that I have any fear it's just not something I do because I have become
hardened by experience. I just think it's sad you'd let someone, even
someone you respected, keep you away from a place you've become a valued
part of.

Christine

((((( Christine )))))

I wish others would stop teaching us that it's wrong to be who we are.
That's their bad. Ours is to let it hurt us so much that we can never
open up enough to let others in again... even if that takes time.

I enjoy the little bits that you show of yourself. You cared enough to
ask why.

'Kate

Ah well thanks. ~Blushing~ Yeah I've come to care about you too, as well as
Joelle and it got my back up thinking someone hurt her. RAAAAAAAAAR. lol

Oh and Cele, I didn't mean to pass judgement on her feelings, or say she
should live her life a certain way, I was just surprised is all and wanted
to share my take on it.

Christine

Old November 24th 04, 10:43 AM
Joelle

Fact is, I may
have been part of hurting Joelle's feelings.

Nope. Someone else simply used our argument to get personal and feel
superior. Apparently they still are. Hey, if that's what it take...

Old November 24th 04, 01:53 PM
P.Fritz

"CME" wrote in message

"Joelle" wrote in message
[...]

You are too young to be that hardened by experience ;-)

Old November 24th 04, 02:13 PM
Purchgdss

Nope. Someone else simply used our argument to get personal and feel
superior. Apparently they still are. Hey, if that's what it take...

Joelle

Hardly. But you can play the pitiful victim all you like and I will be the
mean ogre who chased you away... I already play that roll for my child when
they don't like something I say. eyeroll

Just my 2 cents.........
Christine