child support-internatioal

Old December 17th 06, 12:01 PM posted to alt.child-support
[email protected]

Default child support-internatioal

I got married three years ago to a Canadian citizen, and we have a
2-year-old child.

For me as a wife of a Canadian citizen though am not a Canadian citizen
and I live outside of Canada .how can I register my marriage in Canada,
and do I have rights if I asked for a divorce and child support? My
husband left us a year ago with no financial support. My question here
can I get information a bout his income or tax in canada if I have
court order from my country ?

Can you help me on where to go with my questions?

Thank you for your help and advise.

Old December 17th 06, 07:00 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

wrote in message
ups.com...
I got married three years ago to a Canadian citizen, and we have a
2-year-old child.

I take it that you got married here in the US where you and the child reside
and now you want to claim child support from the Canadian authorities where
he is now residing.

You will first need to establish a Support Order here in the US, then all
you need to do is have the Canadian authorities enforce it.

Do you have his present address in Canada?

Sounds like you didn't have much of a relationship if he didn't stick around
after one year.
Was he having immigration problems and had to go back?

You should make plans to get employed and support yourself, it might be a
few years before you receive any support money.

Old December 17th 06, 07:33 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

"DB" wrote

wrote

I got married three years ago to a Canadian citizen, and we have a
2-year-old child.

You should make plans to get employed and support yourself, it might be a
few years before you receive any support money.

==
He/she needs to support him/her self anyway. The support is for the child's
needs.

Old December 17th 06, 07:47 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"Gini" wrote in

You should make plans to get employed and support yourself, it might be a
few years before you receive any support money.

==
He/she needs to support him/her self anyway. The support is for the
child's needs.

Yes, but the child needs a new car to drive in, a 3 bedroom house to live
in, new clothes every week, and you know how those young children eat
massive amounts of food.

Old December 24th 06, 09:12 PM posted to alt.child-support
news.comcast.net

Some of US custodial parents are only seeking help with the cost of raising
a child that TWO people created and TWO need to support.

As for your question, Canada will enforce a child support order from the
United States. If a NCP leaves to Canada to avoid child support they can
actually be brought into court on contempt charges if they fail to pay child
support as court ordered.

The amount of time it will take is probably a while though.

Canada and the US have an agreement just as the States all do between each
other. (It was a section of the NAFTA agreement)

Robert

"DB" wrote in message
t...

"Gini" wrote in