Child support straight to child?

Old August 8th 06, 04:00 AM
jackrose1965 jackrose1965 is offline
Junior Member

Default Child support straight to child?

I am a father of a 16 year old boy (17 in two days) and he mentioned something to me the other day that has gotten me slightly concerned...

He said to me that someone he talks to mentioned to him that after a child turns 16 that the child support from the other parent is supposed to go straight to him. I, without thinking, denied this claim and went on watching TV, but I don't know if it's true, and I don't want to lose Child Support altogether...

Does anyone know if this is true? And if so, how I can get out of it?
Old August 8th 06, 09:54 AM posted to alt.child-support
Jack

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 04:00:11 +0100, jackrose1965
wrote:

I am a father of a 16 year old boy (17 in two days) and he mentioned
something to me the other day that has gotten me slightly concerned...

He said to me that someone he talks to mentioned to him that after a
child turns 16 that the child support from the other parent is supposed
to go straight to him. I, without thinking, denied this claim and went
on watching TV, but I don't know if it's true, and I don't want to lose
Child Support altogether...

Does anyone know if this is true? And if so, how I can get out of it?

I don't think it's true. Even if it is, what's the difference? If the
CP is being used for it's intended purpose, then what difference does
it make who gets it first?

http://www.usenet.com
Old August 8th 06, 09:08 PM posted to alt.child-support

jackrose1965 wrote:

: I am a father of a 16 year old boy (17 in two days) and he mentioned
: something to me the other day that has gotten me slightly concerned...

: He said to me that someone he talks to mentioned to him that after a
: child turns 16 that the child support from the other parent is supposed
: to go straight to him. I, without thinking, denied this claim and went
: on watching TV, but I don't know if it's true, and I don't want to lose
: Child Support altogether...

: Does anyone know if this is true? And if so, how I can get out of it?

Not true in California. I would find it hard to believe that any
state would require payment directly to a non-adult.

b.
Old August 9th 06, 01:42 AM
jackrose1965 jackrose1965 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack
wrote:

I am a father of a 16 year old boy (17 in two days) and he mentioned
something to me the other day that has gotten me slightly concerned...

He said to me that someone he talks to mentioned to him that after a
child turns 16 that the child support from the other parent is supposed
to go straight to him. I, without thinking, denied this claim and went
on watching TV, but I don't know if it's true, and I don't want to lose
Child Support altogether...

Does anyone know if this is true? And if so, how I can get out of it?

I don't think it's true. Even if it is, what's the difference? If the
CP is being used for it's intended purpose, then what difference does
it make who gets it first?

http://www.usenet.com
Well, I know that my son won't use the CP properly, he's going to blow it on video games and junk food instead of saving it up or spending it on groceries for himself.
Old August 10th 06, 05:34 PM posted to alt.child-support
dadslawyer

child support belongs to the child, not the mother but usually custodial
parent controls to 18 unless wasting money on her own expenses.
"jackrose1965" wrote in
message . ..

--
jackrose1965

Old August 12th 06, 09:06 AM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

wrote in message
oups.com...
jackrose1965 wrote:

: I am a father of a 16 year old boy (17 in two days) and he mentioned
: something to me the other day that has gotten me slightly concerned...

: He said to me that someone he talks to mentioned to him that after a
: child turns 16 that the child support from the other parent is supposed
: to go straight to him. I, without thinking, denied this claim and went
: on watching TV, but I don't know if it's true, and I don't want to lose
: Child Support altogether...

: Does anyone know if this is true? And if so, how I can get out of it?

Not true in California. I would find it hard to believe that any
state would require payment directly to a non-adult.

And if the mother is 15?

b.

Old August 12th 06, 09:07 AM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

"dadslawyer" wrote in message
child support belongs to the child,

No it doesn't. It belongs to the man from whom it is being extorted.

Old August 12th 06, 04:38 PM posted to alt.child-support
Beverly

wrote:

I am a father of a 16 year old boy (17 in two days) and he mentioned
something to me the other day that has gotten me slightly concerned...

He said to me that someone he talks to mentioned to him that after a
child turns 16 that the child support from the other parent is supposed
to go straight to him. I, without thinking, denied this claim and went
on watching TV, but I don't know if it's true, and I don't want to lose
Child Support altogether...

Does anyone know if this is true? And if so, how I can get out of it?

Think logically. If it were to be true, would it not defeat the
(unadulterated) premise of child support which is to cause the absent
parent to contribute to the child's needs whether or not he/she wishes
to?

Sidebar: I am very well aware that the concept does not work as
planned in many cases, is used inappropriately in many cases, and is
unnecessary in many cases.

At any rate, unless a 16 year old can be legally held to the standard
of providing his/her own necessities (i.e. held responsible for a
contract for rent, medical care, etc... ), there is someone else held
responsible. THAT is the person/agency to which the contribution is
made.

Beverly

Old December 10th 06, 12:36 AM posted to alt.child-support
news.comcast.net

can we all say "GULLIBLE" LOL

Your kid is totally yanking your chain.
Think of it this way, if you and the other parent were still together would
you give him cash to eat or would you simply provide food in the house?

tell him to come up with something better, he just needs to try a little
harder

"jackrose1965" wrote in
message . ..