What do you say...

Old November 4th 03, 11:56 PM
Julie Seely

Default What do you say...

Michelle --

I actually had an adult *identical twin* ask me this question.

Julie
Mom to Erica & Christopher, 07/97

Twinzmommie wrote:

I said, "no, they're fraternal." The woman says "Of
course, you said they were boys didn't you." She walked away, leaving me
thinking "what did she think I would have said if they were girls?" BRBR

Marie,

I have had many many people ask me if my twins are a boy and a girl and after I
have said yes, they have asked if they were identical.

My assumption is many people just do not know what constitutes being an
identical twin.

Michelle
Mommy to Riley Claire & James Michael

Old November 5th 03, 12:06 AM
Julie Seely

And what would b/g be? Fraternal-sororal? Sororal-fraternal?
Non-identical?

Julie

Taniwha grrrl wrote:

David desJardins wrote:

I think the medical
community avoids the term "fraternal" because its primary

meaning is
"brotherly"

Yeah I remember Nancy Segal saying at a conference once that
the correct word for girl fraternal twins is actually
sororal (sp) twins.

--
Andrea

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a
horrible warning.

Old November 5th 03, 03:36 AM
Taniwha grrrl

Julie Seely wrote:
And what would b/g be? Fraternal-sororal?

Sororal-fraternal?
Non-identical?

I don't know, we need a word that just means siblings born
together, maybe another language has one that describes them
better.

Old November 5th 03, 05:55 PM
multimom4

twins?

:-)

--Janet
Elliot, Hanna, Connor (10/21/96)
and Holly (4/4/01)

Old November 5th 03, 08:28 PM
Andrea

I've heard almost all the questions about who is the good/bad, dominant, etc.
twin, but the one that *really* ticked me off was from a woman I was passing in
the aisle of the grocery store a few months ago. She asked if they were twins
and then pointed to one of my girls (can't remember which one) and said "That's
the smart one, isn't it?" I looked at her like she was a complete idiot and
snapped back "They're *both* very smart." and walked off. I hope I came off as
rude as I intended to be. What really made me mad is she said it in front of
my girls & they heard her. I don't want them to think that one of them is smart
and the other one isn't.

Andrea
twin girls-Jordan & Madison
3 1/2 yrs. old

.when people try to "label" your twins as "the good one" and "the
demanding one," or terms to that effect?

Old November 5th 03, 08:28 PM
H Schinske

And what would b/g be? Fraternal-sororal? Sororal-fraternal?
Non-identical?

Julie

Greek. ;-)

Sorry, dumb pun on fraternities and sororities collectively being known as
"Greek organizations."

--Helen, whose one-time reaction to the question "How's the Greek life at your
college?" was "How'd you know I was taking Greek?"